Texas Hill Country Trip

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
There's always room for hooligans and time for shananigans.

Welcome to the Central crew, gents! :sombrero:

fingas

Observer
All yall are *******s and I'm sure looking forward to seeing you at Jambo :p

I have permanently bypassed my transfer case switches so my locker will be working. You will need to find someone else to drag your winch cable. :sombrero:

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Cool, cool trip!

I'm interested in the 2011 Central Texas trip, if y'all don't mind a Jeep crimping your style...

No problem. A few Jeep guys in the posse.

Even though the trips often look like Toyota conventions, its purely by circumstance. All makes and models are welcome.

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
I'm extremely interested in your next venture. I've been dying to get out into the HC for that type of driving/adventure. I knew it was there but getting out there sometimes can be an issue. Any idea on dates?

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
There is a good possability that I'll put together another Hill Country Trip in February. It would be great to see some new faces.

The Hill Country Route is easy. Honestly, it can be completed by anything with relatively high clearance, but there is some great scenery along the way...

I have some new ideas for the route, and there is a little research still needed for camping near the James River, but I'll get all of that figured out before the trip.

DarinM

Explorer
If I'm around, I'll certainly want to hook up with y'all again.
I've just about got the Heep semi-Expo worthy (referring to my official checklist...). :)
Still have a couple things to do, but if the weather cooperates I should have my radios (2m and CB) installed in an overhead console within the next week or so, take my HAM test in a couple weeks and then just a few more tweaks and drilling and hammering and cursing, bleeding, crying (the usual install stuff). Spare tire will be remounted, Hi-lift mount, 2 gerry can mounts, etc.
Will be good to go.

Chili

Explorer
I'll keep an eye out too, I would also be interested in a trip like this (assuming I can convince the wife). I would be in a full size Bronco if in February but hoping to begin a expo build on a late 90's Suburban soon.

We have 2 Labs, are dogs welcome on these?

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
I'll keep an eye out too, I would also be interested in a trip like this (assuming I can convince the wife). I would be in a full size Bronco if in February but hoping to begin a expo build on a late 90's Suburban soon.

We have 2 Labs, are dogs welcome on these?

Dogs are welcome, as long as they are controllable. I usually bring my two labs.

Epix

Observer
nice pics, that's pretty cool to see zebra's just roaming around. I definitely need to take this trip with the GF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior