Texas Hill Country Trip

MikeWhoTruong

Observer
Guys this was a great trip, sorry for the late post But I guess I was looking in the wrong completed trips section. It was nice meeting new and old friends agains ! Ash Yes my 4-runner is amazing ! Espicially since the lift is on her now ! On to Big Bend and see what we can come up with !

7wt

Expedition Leader
Nice pics. Looked like you guys had a fun trip. I miss that part of Texas real bad. I used to go down to Llano and Kingsland from Waco a bunch to fish the Llano. Pretty country.

TRDPARTS4U

Adventurer
Turd Parts,

Did you get your Tcase looked at/try to put her back into 4x after you got back in town Sunday?

The T-case actuator was replaced under warranty, all is well.:sombrero:

The previous owner probably never engaged 4wd in the 4 years he owned it.

Jacque

BattleWagon

Glad that was covered and you're good to go for next time. While I've got you're attention, is there a way to order parts off any of the ToD sites and pick it up locally?

bmxdannyo

Adventurer
Im looking at google maps and i guess im having trouble finding yalls route. Did yall get and gps coordinates during this trip? I cant figure out where some of these roads are that yall were taking. It looks like a great drive
-Danny

old_man

Adventurer
Nice Pix. I used to own some land in Kerrville. Haven't been in that neck of the woods for over 20 years.

Can anybody give me some info on the awning in this pix. It might work cool for my teardrop offroad camper.

IMG_0531.jpg

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Nice Pix. I used to own some land in Kerrville. Haven't been in that neck of the woods for over 20 years.

Can anybody give me some info on the awning in this pix. It might work cool for my teardrop offroad camper.

IMG_0531.jpg

The awning was sold by Texsport up until about 3 years ago. I have had that one for about 5 years, and it stays in my truck the whole time. Although that particular model is no longer available, there are a couple others that can be made to function similarly:

Kelty Sunshade.

Kelty Car Tarp.

In addition, there are a plethora of hard mounted awning options out there.

Its a shame that Texsport stopped carrying that model. It was less than $30, and it attaches to the truck for my solo trips as well as the RTT when The_Mrs. joins me.

fingas

Observer
I wish i would have known about this trip, it looks like a really fun time. I didn't even realize you could find places like this in Texas since it all seems to be privately owned.

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
I wish i would have known about this trip, it looks like a really fun time. I didn't even realize you could find places like this in Texas since it all seems to be privately owned.

There will be more in 2011. We have at least two trips coming up, one to the Gulf Coast and one to the Hill Country. There will probably be a repeat of our Palo Duro Trip as well.

I will post a thread about it in the Central States section a little while before we go.

Expedition Leader
There will be more in 2011. We have at least two trips coming up, one to the Gulf Coast and one to the Hill Country. There will probably be a repeat of our Palo Duro Trip as well.

I will post a thread about it in the Central States section a little while before we go.

Man, I would love to go on the Palo Duro Canyon trip particularly. Chris K., Barb, and Jacque know me and can vouch that I'm not too big of an ************. :)

fingas

Observer
Man, I would love to go on the Palo Duro Canyon trip particularly. Chris K., Barb, and Jacque know me and can vouch that I'm not too big of an ************. :)

And i know that whole bunch as well, not sure if they would vouch that i am not an ************ though :). I will keep my eyes open as i would love to explore Texas some more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan