Tex's 200 Series

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
You did well, start mild, learn the ropes and get your feet wet and graduate bikes as your riding progresses. I've had large ADV bikes in the past, it's just time for a GSA for those long slab rides but if I can convince the misses to start riding with me I'll have to seriously consider a new Honda Gold Wing instead.

I am on ADVRider but I don't post much over there anymore, I more or less just read threads I am interested in. And yes, I have seen all of the Long Way....... films. I did a short build thread for the 890 and the 300 but so little views and interest in the two wheel sub forums over here so I don't bother anymore.
A Gold Wing for two up? Nah... convince her to get a 310 GS to ride on her own, lol

H76405595167a44fa95bb5b82800dc73bO.jpg

Screen-Shot-2018-02-13-at-3.17.07-PM-copy.png

I get that. I posted a thread here in the two wheeled section asking for recommendations for a 1st bike but it took a long time to get a reply. So I joined up on ADVRider. ..

Back on topic, what's next for the Cruiser?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
A Gold Wing for two up? Nah... convince her to get a 310 GS to ride on her own, lol

I get that. I posted a thread here in the two wheeled section asking for recommendations for a 1st bike but it took a long time to get a reply. So I joined up on ADVRider. ..

Back on topic, what's next for the Cruiser?

No way she'd ever ride herself, too timid, three left feet and afraid of her own shadow lol. It's 2UP or not at all and the latter is more likely sadly.

Dissent front bumper and winch will be going on in the next few weeks, just gotta find some time to mess with it.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
No way she'd ever ride herself, too timid, three left feet and afraid of her own shadow lol. It's 2UP or not at all and the latter is more likely sadly.

Dissent front bumper and winch will be going on in the next few weeks, just gotta find some time to mess with it.
Don't think she'd want to ride on your GS?

Wait. I forgot who I was talking too.... the Gold Wing will be in ADDITION to the GS1300, won't it? :ROFLMAO:

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
This one is burnt bronze, looks kinda gold as well lol.

nDMj53w.jpg
Trying to be like Saddam and his boys…?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I started the install of the Dissent full replacement front bumper this afternoon. It took nearly two hours to get all of the factory plastics, hardware, clips etc. removed. I pressure washed everything off after the removal and I am pretty certain that I washed out 5 lbs of bugs, grass and other road debris. It is now prepped for the actual bumper install which I hope to start in the morning.

ZkTwsp2.jpg

I went ahead and installed the Baja Designs lights in the face plates as well as the parking sensors. I had to open up the sensor holes with a step bit to nearly 1" in order to fit the outer frame clip portion of the sensors. I went ahead and bought new OEM painted black sensors to match the bumper. I also vinyl wrapped the headlight washer covers in matte black vinyl. Considering that this was the first time I have messed with installing vinyl wrap I am pleased with the outcome. I made sure I bought plenty of extra incase I need to redo them in the future.

xuyh46K.jpg

dpGQMoe.jpg

Fingers crossed everything goes well with the remainder of the install.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Well the morning started off great but then it quickly got awkward. The feet of the winch didn't line up with the holes in the winch tray on the bumper, at least not front to back. The measurements were correct but the holes were about 1/4" too far back in the tray. I got on the phone with the boys at Dissent this morning once they opened up on the west coast and we shared images and discussed options and ultimately I settled on elongating the holes forward so they ended up in more of an oval or pill shape. Once the holes were properly notched the winch went without issue, unfortunately this was after a three hour delay that included a stop at the local custom aluminum welding and fab shop and to Lowes for rotary bits.

twa70ZJ.jpg

7uxXLKz.jpg

If you elect to purchase the bracket for the winch solenoid box relocation for the ComeUp winch just be forewarned that it will seriously inhibit your ability to access all of the hardware on the back end of the passenger side. The nuts can be accessed to tighten them down and properly torque things but unless you have baby arms you will wreck your forearms in the process. I don't regret the bracket because it's a very clean solution but it did double if not triple my time in regards to tightening/torquing hardware on that side.

Things always take some coaxing and slight suggesting via a mallet and a solid shove when it comes to welded metal bits but we got it to all line up in the end. The full wrap bar is awesome and I am so glad that I convinced them to make it for me and waited the many extra months in order to get it. I think it really ties the bumper together and sets it apart from their other offerings for the 200. The added protection from animal strikes is a huge plus as well.

I vinyl wrapped the headlight washer covers myself and this was the first time I have ever messed with that material so we shall see how those hold up. The Factor55 Flatlink E that all of my builds get makes for a nice flush finish to the front end. The Baja Designs Squadron lights look great and should do a good job of illuminating the corners and edges of the road. All in all I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out and I look forward to getting the Dissent rear bumper at some point in the near future.

SZ3TPWT.jpg

UzeDmjS.jpg

pKMuL4t.jpg

UMeaVPT.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior