Tex's 2019 GX460 build

bkg

Explorer
I’m finding better deals on RAM’s than I am with Ford’s.

When i bought my Tremor, Ford was in a spot of being able to sell for list+. Only reason I got a deal was employee pricing.

Hindsight, wish I had kept my 2016.... or bought an f250 with the 10.5K GVWR (i had no idea at the time that was a thing... and the dealer had one).

But...overall, I like it.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I like the Tremor but I was gonna strip the wheels and tires and that's half of the package. It came down to the fact that Tremors are selling above sticker around here and that's silly. I've always had top tier trim trucks that I find myself afraid to get scratched and used and I figured it was time to get a real working truck. I plan to do a flat bed tray build but things will take a bit to come in. I ended up getting a good discount and the trade I wanted and it's the perfect platform for an AEV style tray truck build.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Well it's officially over, she's gone! Six hours round trip in horrid storms to get the deal done but it went off without a hitch. It's be a fun ride up to this point and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to miss her, they are great trucks. Some of the parts were robbed before trading her in and will end up on @SouthTxGX truck.

It was weird getting back into a truck for the first time in almost 2.5 years, the differences are vast and it'll take some time to readjust but the purr of that turbo diesel is intoxicating and I am excited for the build to come of which I already have parts en route.

How I left her.

ygG3vKW.jpg

A few of the new stripper trim truck on the way home.

NdM1A3n.jpg

qpnMETW.jpg

rywUvwd.jpg

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
A few of the new stripper trim truck on the way home.
What? No heated leather and fanciness in the new truck? How will you cope?

Wait. This is going to be a dedicated camping rig right?

Hmmm....

So when will you get the loaded Diesel Super Duty Tremor for daily driving chores?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
What? No heated leather and fanciness in the new truck? How will you cope?

Wait. This is going to be a dedicated camping rig right?

Hmmm....

So when will you get the loaded Diesel Super Duty Tremor for daily driving chores?

This will be a hunting and camping truck, I'll use it as a daily until the build is complete and after that it'll become a dedicated rig. It's hard to get a higher trim truck in a single cab and the options in the Tradesman are pretty much limited to what I have in this one, you can get them with much less. Beyond the AUX switches, brake controller, and bigger screen with CarPlay I don't need much and this one has all of that.

At this point in time I don't know what my next daily will be but I doubt it'll be another $80K+ diesel truck, we already have a brand new Land Cruiser in the garage as well so it'l likely be something different from the both of those. Who knows, I have a track record with these things so I am not going to kid myself and promise something I can't deliver on lol.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
At this point in time I don't know what my next daily will be but I doubt it'll be another $80K+ diesel truck, we already have a brand new Land Cruiser in the garage as well so it'l likely be something different from the both of those.
Riiiiiight.... cause who has two 80K trucks in their driveway?

:oops:

iaRXQa9.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Riiiiiight.... cause who has two 80K trucks in their driveway?

:oops:

View attachment 658783

Hey, one was almost $80K and the other was low 60's lol.

Willman

Well did you cry? I'm not going to lie.....I almost cried when i sold my taco.....So much blood sweat and tears.....These rigs become family and it didn't feel right for a few days after someone else drove her home.....Best of luck with the new rig. Did you order the 4wheel camper yet?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Well did you cry? I'm not going to lie.....I almost cried when i sold my taco.....So much blood sweat and tears.....These rigs become family and it didn't feel right for a few days after someone else drove her home.....Best of luck with the new rig. Did you order the 4wheel camper yet?

No I didn't cry but it wasn't the easiest one to sell. The dealership owner kept it for himself until a few days ago and then it went to auction, they never even tried to sell it locally, kinda depressing. I notice the GX's around town now even more so and I still admire them.

No FWC on order just yet, they are well over a year out right now which kinda sucks. The truck is already lifted and rolling around on 37's though and as soon as I get a few more things completed on it I'll start a new build thread in the Full-size forum.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Well there's officially a GX460 back in our garage. Earlier today we picked up a new 2022 GX460 Premium in Caviar (black interior) with a few options. I took it straight from the dealer to Discount Tire and had them throw on a set of BFG KO2's in the 275/65/18 size (32.1x10.8x18) on the way home. I am happy to report no rubbing after the swap.

This will be my wife's around town daily, grocery getter, week day ride. We are anxiously awaiting the GX550 and this one will hold us over nicely until those are readily available in another 18-24 months if not longer. Part of me hopes it gets to stick around for the long haul as a third vehicle as I really like the idea of having one of the last mid-size 4WD SUV's with a V8.

Dp3zPtr.jpg

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Well there's officially a GX460 back in our garage. Earlier today we picked up a new 2022 GX460 Premium in Caviar (black interior) with a few options. I took it straight from the dealer to Discount Tire and had them throw on a set of BFG KO2's in the 275/65/18 size (32.1x10.8x18) on the way home. I am happy to report no rubbing after the swap.

This will be my wife's around town daily, grocery getter, week day ride. We are anxiously awaiting the GX550 and this one will hold us over nicely until those are readily available in another 18-24 months if not longer. Part of me hopes it gets to stick around for the long haul as a third vehicle as I really like the idea of having one of the last mid-size 4WD SUV's with a V8.

Dp3zPtr.jpg
So what is this replacing?
Too bad you sold the other one after having done so much work to it.
Or will this one be staying stock?
Save the 'build' for the 2023 Super Duty Tremor? lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998