The Little 2TRFE That Could..

srch4me

Adventurer
Those are nice and pretty consistent beads you have there my friend. Looking good!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

jeverich

Luddite
Drove back East for the holidays; working my way back to Washington.

Dunno - something about these pictures seemed cool to me..

Waiting out the weather in St. Paul.

JxzZ7IK.jpg

HZpqDY5.jpg

jeverich

Luddite
Yup, fits perfectly in the bed.

Been hitting 19/20 MPG the entire way across - can't complain about that!

Made it to Bozeman; going to do another night here, then on to Seattle tomorrow..

Find any frame plans, Louis? Still have until around the 16th off.

olypenjeeper

Sweet build man with awesome attention to detail! I had an 05 tacoma with a 2.7 and really loved that truck. I'm an engineer in the coast guard, stationed in Astoria oregon. Love it out here! Made the move from Virginia in 01, and never looked back. Hope to stay out here in the PNW forever!

uscg2008

Explorer
Damn jake that's really convenient that it fits in the bed too. Perfect for distance driving if you arent going to use it that much. When you heading back up this way?

jeverich

Luddite
Hmm.. Been quite some time since I've upgraded this - life has a pesky habit of getting in the way.

Not a whole lot of changes to the truck mechanically, I'm pretty damn happy with where it is in it's current form. My personal philosophy tends to lend itself to the "KISS" principle. I like to keep it simple.

More additions and more systems lead to more potential points of failure... IMHO.

Took a couple of weeks and ventured to Moab - christened my driver's rocker panel on the last obstacle of Kane Creek. Oh, and fabricated a new and lower rack for my RTT as well. The one that I had constructed originally was far too high, and drastically reduced both MPG's and stability. New one is about 1 foot shorter - and allows me to get a consistent 19/20 MPG highway with the tent mounted! Sweet.

Other than basic maintenance, nothing overly exciting to report. Replaced an inner CV seal a few weeks ago - and used the "Hammer/Wire Choker" method to remove the CV. Freakin' lifesaver.

Fabricated a new headache rack as well. Was getting tired of banging the roof of the cab when I was hauling twenty foot sticks of steel!

Enjoy!

Mostly just a collection of photos; I hope that's alright..

jeverich

Luddite
Added some 6 LED brake/running/turn lights to the rack. They do a great job of announcing the fact that I'm stopped!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78