The new 2009 Nissan Xterra

Get them while you can.

Rumor has it they're discontinuing the Xterra in 2011. And the Titan is going to Dodge/Chrysler.

Glad we were able to get our '08 before the changes in the '09. :archaeolo

Creek

Adventurer
07OffRoadXterra said:
The wiring is already there in my 07?

The wiring wouldn't be there on your '07. Maybe there's a harness there on non-OR 2009's - but not on earlier model years.

With regard to the Xterra being discontinued...it's no rumor...it's fact.

Xterra and Titan are to be discontinued - no Gen III Xterra

Reference:

bw_125x32.gif

l9_nissan_08_xterra-01.jpg

Autos
Nissan Xterra

Biggest losers

Segment: Small SUV
2008 Sales through March: 10,203
2007 Sales through March: 15,609
Change: -34.6%
Starting price: $21,240

Like the Nissan Armada, the future of the Nissan Xterra is another question mark, in light of the Apr. 14 announcement that Chrysler will build the successor to the Nissan Titan pickup. The luxurious Armada, the stripped-down Xterra, and the Titan all share Nissan's "F-Alpha" platform, a traditional truck platform with a ladder-shaped frame, on which Nissan adds the different bodies. However, Chrysler and Nissan were both mum about the future of those other Nissan models. Unlike the posh Armada, Nissan markets the V6-powered Xterra as having "everything you need, and nothing you don't."

mcm4090

Explorer
CoastalDefender said:
"Like the Nissan Armada, the future of the Nissan Xterra is another question mark, in light of the Apr. 14 announcement that Chrysler will build the successor to the Nissan Titan pickup. The luxurious Armada, the stripped-down Xterra, and the Titan all share Nissan's "F-Alpha" platform, a traditional truck platform with a ladder-shaped frame, on which Nissan adds the different bodies. However, Chrysler and Nissan were both mum about the future of those other Nissan models. Unlike the posh Armada, Nissan markets the V6-powered Xterra as having "everything you need, and nothing you don't."
The article is poorly research. They are making assumption since both are built on the same platform.

All Nissan vehicles with body on frame are built on the F-Alpha platform. If we went with their theory, The Titan, Armada, Frontier, Xterra, Pathfinder, and the Navara are all gone. Do you really see Nissan stop making body on frame vehicles? :smilies27

skephart

Observer
firemansxterra said:
well i can say i'm a little jaded in my opinion, but here is a little proof why the X is as tuff as they come:
and yea the jeep has a 4 door version and motortrend made this video since the release of the 4 door, it's a 2008 video, just don't know why they chose not to test it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8x66mrcZeY

I guess I would say I am a bit shocked that the X would beat out the Rubicon. I have a 07 X Offroad and love it. It performs great offroad for the trails that I use it on. I did considered the Ribicon but the Jeep dealer wanted $5000 more than I paid for my X.

4hilux

Observer
CoastalDefender said:
Xterra and Titan are to be discontinued - no Gen III Xterra

Reference:

bw_125x32.gif

l9_nissan_08_xterra-01.jpg

Autos
Nissan Xterra

Biggest losers

Segment: Small SUV
2008 Sales through March: 10,203
2007 Sales through March: 15,609
Change: -34.6%
Starting price: $21,240

Like the Nissan Armada, the future of the Nissan Xterra is another question mark, in light of the Apr. 14 announcement that Chrysler will build the successor to the Nissan Titan pickup. The luxurious Armada, the stripped-down Xterra, and the Titan all share Nissan's "F-Alpha" platform, a traditional truck platform with a ladder-shaped frame, on which Nissan adds the different bodies. However, Chrysler and Nissan were both mum about the future of those other Nissan models. Unlike the posh Armada, Nissan markets the V6-powered Xterra as having "everything you need, and nothing you don't."

Big statement, given that Chrysler might not exist in 12 months time.......

Navman

Adventurer
expeditionswest said:
Stock DI to Stock XTerra, the Xterra would outperform the D1 on the trail in nearly all situations with the exception of articulation and probably side-slope capacity. . The XTerra is equipped with 265/75 Tires (or equivalent 17"), rear locking differential, traction control for the front axle and a significantly higher HP motor (nearly 100hp more, with better economy- 20mpg). And if you care, the XTerra motor is also ULEV. A 6-speed manual is THANKFULLY also available.

The DI is a little more manueverable on the trail, with a shorter WB and overall width/length.

Modern 4wds built for rough trail use are really lightyears ahead of anything short of an 80 series. Just look at the Xterra and Rubicon and Trail Team FJ Cruiser as examples. They are loaded with factory options that enthusiasts would have had to pay tens of thousands of dollars for just a decade ago.

Impressive...

Of course, the XTerra has no Funk Factor, and that is important :chef:

It refreshing to hear someone say that new vehicles can actually be better than older ones. I get a little tired of the "technology is the devil" arguments at times.

I have a hard time giving up my D1 because of the Funk Factor, but I must admit (and I'll probably take a lot of crap for this), I think the Xterra has more of a Funk Factor than any of the new bland Toyotas. This doesn't apply to the FJ Cruiser, which has it's own sorta Funk.

Blacknmuddy

Observer
2008 Auto Expo photos

Was at the Los Angeles Auto expo today.

Fell in love with a whole new category of off-road vehicles, one of them being
the (im assuming 2009) 4x4 Nissan Exterra "Red Alert" in color.

dsc00866oj7.jpg

dsc00865hr9.jpg

now I want one.

Last edited:

RedDog

Explorer
My neighbour has one a couple years old and I'm impressed. I'll be keeping my Jeep TJ for the time being because it's paid for; still on warranty; and capable of way more than I'm brave enough to even attempt. But, if I were in the market, the X would be on a very short list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78