The new iPhone

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
I'm on Verizon as well and can't bring myself to switch over. I just recently picked up an LG Voyager, it's no iPhone, but it gets the job done.

Wagontrain

targa88 said:
Still no sign of the Iphone North of the Border.
When it arrives who knows what the price will be or what the "data" packages will cost....

July 11 - Not much info on pricing plans on Rogers site.
WT

Blair G

Adventurer
Safety yellow so I don't lose it when I drop it.

1940-05.1.jpg

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
I have the same Otter Box case!

Interesting story about the Otter Box for iPhone: I ordered one when they first came out and it was incredibly sub-standard. A flimsy plastic case and super thin rubber made for poor fit and not so trustworthy protection. I called Otter Box and voiced my concerns, being a user of other fine quality Otter products in the past. They responded right away - no excuses - just asked me to send it back after I received the postage paid box. They refunded my $ before I ever got the return box.

Then, about three weeks later I get a package from them with the current iPhone case and no invoice. I called to see if they were expecting payment, which I would have gladly given. They simply apologized for my trouble and said the case was complimentary. Rare stuff, no?

Blair G

Adventurer
Schattenjager said:
I have the same Otter Box case!

Interesting story about the Otter Box for iPhone: I ordered one when they first came out and it was incredibly sub-standard. A flimsy plastic case and super thin rubber made for poor fit and not so trustworthy protection. I called Otter Box and voiced my concerns, being a user of other fine quality Otter products in the past. They responded right away - no excuses - just asked me to send it back after I received the postage paid box. They refunded my $ before I ever got the return box.

Then, about three weeks later I get a package from them with the current iPhone case and no invoice. I called to see if they were expecting payment, which I would have gladly given. They simply apologized for my trouble and said the case was complimentary. Rare stuff, no?

I have thought the rubber on mine was this as well and the 2 rubber strips on the face continually come undone. I wonder if mine is the new version or the old? It has done a great job of protecting the phone. I took it apart to find on of the corners of the plastic shell has cracked. I have dropped it a few times so I guess it is doing its job.

Blair

locrwln

Expedition Leader
spressomon said:
Ditto exactly! ATT just plain sucks here in Northern Nevada.

All my buddies recently left ATT cellular here and moved over to Verizon and appreciate the better coverage and much better overall customer service.

I concur. On a recent trip with Dan into the wilds of Nevada, he is using his phone like he was in Reno. I have ATT and my phone was worthless. I switched to ATT, over 10 years ago, because at the time their coverage was better, unfortunately that coverage has dwindled over time with different mergers and upgrades.

The new Iphone looks like a winner, but I'm not sure I want to stick with ATT and pay the money for yet another phone. I would really like a phone that just works.

Jack

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
marc olivares said:
that's a really lame reason to deny yourself the nirvana that is the IPHONE.
i used to be a nae-sayer such as yourself, but i man'd up and got an iphone and a case cover from AGENT18.

i cant tell you how many times my iphone has hit the ground, and it keeps on working. go figure....:D

Marc,

Why do I need a iPhone? How will it change my life?

Blair G

Adventurer
kellymoe said:
Marc,

Are you kidding???? Food will taste better, greens will be greener, people won't drive slow in the fast lane, your relief will show up early, Chuck Norris will want to meet YOU, beer will taste great and be less filling, and woman will adore you. Nuff said.

Last edited:

hoser

Explorer
I am also hesitant to switch from Verizon to ATT but will likely do it. However, the new Blackberry Thunder for Verizon is due out this year. It will have a touch screen like the iPhone. It may or may not look like this.

marc olivares

Adventurer
kellymoe said:
Marc,

sorry kev, if you have to ask, you'll simply never understand. :D

that stick phone may be rugged, but it's just that, a STICK phone.
join the new millennium my friend, embrace the iphone... you know you want to.

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
marc olivares said:
sorry kev, if you have to ask, you'll simply never understand. :D

that stick phone may be rugged, but it's just that, a STICK phone.
join the new millennium my friend, embrace the iphone... you know you want to.

It took me forever to jump on the HAM bandwagon. I think I may be a Luddite at heart, I'm very slow to embrace technology, I still dont use a GPS. In fact I'm buying a 1875 brass compass this week that I actually plan on using. This same time next year I'll probably be an iPhone believer:p

spressomon

Expedition Leader
hoser said:
I am also hesitant to switch from Verizon to ATT but will likely do it. However, the new Blackberry Thunder for Verizon is due out this year. It will have a touch screen like the iPhone. It may or may not look like this.

I was told open source will happen sometime 1st Q 2009. Maybe that's why we are hearing rumblings about Google jumping into the foray. AT&T absolutely SUCKS up here in Northern Nevada. I, no matter how much I want (and I do!) an iPhone, won't get one if it means going back to AT&T.

I was also told Verizon had first dibs on the original iPhone. They didn't turn it down because of the steep royalties to Apple but because Verizon would not concede customer service support from their vast and well built network to Apple stores as demanded by Apple, which if you're lucky you might have one Apple store per community whereas Verizon typically has numerous if not dozens of their own service locations within most communities. Gotta respect them for upholding their service commitment to me the customer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior