The not-so-definitive guide to Sienna seats

klp42

Has anyone tried to increase the ability of the Sienna seats to recline yet?

I thought about it, does that count?

:ylsmoke:

Mg posted a picture of the mechanism earlier in this thread - under the left cover there are two "ears", one that limits travel to the front, one that limits the recline distance. What I can't figure out is what gives the seatback the detents that allow it to stay in the various positions.

My fear is if I grind off the ear there will be nothing keeping it from flopping to full recline all the time. I need to stare at it for a while longer.

Feeling brave or have a ton of Siennas laying about? Grind it off!

ddog45

Adventurer
I will be putting sienna seats in the back of my 144 high roof sprinter does anyone have any pointers for me other than buy a ford? I have emailed Chris about possibly making me a taller fixed pedestal. I would like to be able to take the seats out easily and I think its ok for the seats to be in a fixed position in the van when the seats are in place. I have not received the seats yet but Im estimating they need to be raised off the floor about ten inches.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
I will be putting sienna seats in the back of my 144 high roof sprinter does anyone have any pointers for me other than buy a ford? I have emailed Chris about possibly making me a taller fixed pedestal. I would like to be able to take the seats out easily and I think its ok for the seats to be in a fixed position in the van when the seats are in place. I have not received the seats yet but Im estimating they need to be raised off the floor about ten inches.

10" off the floor? Do you like to sit with your feet dangling? The ujoint mount really only moves the seat base an inch or two off of the floor. And while low, it's very comfortable and laid back. More than 4" or so and most adults would probably have their feet dangling.

ddog45

Adventurer
Maybe less than 10" but the front seats in the sprinter are pretty high sometimes I feel like Im driving a big rig. I was hoping to have the seats high enough that the rear passengers could see out the front window.

Last edited:

klp42

In the stock Sienna vans the seats sit about 2" off the floor. Mounting them significantly higher would make them odd for all but the tallest.

You could either fab or source a taller one but pre built options are few. How is the view out the sides? I have a Transit, the seats are about 1" off the floor. The view out the front isn't great but I have windows all around.

mgmetalworks

Explorer

I've made some mounts for a sprinter before (dozens actually). They're about 3" taller than the base for the Ford. it works out to a good height in the Sprinter but your feet still touch the floor. An added bonus feature...there's room under the seat for a drawer or storage bin. PM me if you're interested.

lcavalletti

Observer
I have two rear Ujoint rear seatmounts for sale.

I have two rear sienna seat mounts for sale. I am waiting for the front seat mounts from Ujoint. Im asking $250 for the pair, obo pm me and I can ship UPS anywhere. ( I have a UPS acct with discounts)

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I have two rear sienna seat mounts for sale. I am waiting for the front seat mounts from Ujoint. Im asking $250 for the pair, obo pm me and I can ship UPS anywhere. ( I have a UPS acct with discounts)

And I have 2 gray cloth 2011 Sienna's for sale, great condition. A happy pairing! :)

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
What we have here is the final mock up pair of front seat mounts being cut! I'll be blasting an email to everyone today that is on my list, we're about to start cutting the 1st production run. Estimated cut weld coat and pack time is ~2 weeks. I'll post more pics as we build this pair and install for a final test fit.

15094277_1341038522582039_2921914314889529447_n.jpg

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
do these seats swivel or can you make them swivel

Passenger side swivels.

Sweet! I'm hoping I can modify one of these to fit into an Express - sent a PM your way.

Got it. Right now we're so buried in just trying to get these done, I'll try to get back to you asap. I don't want to distract my guy that is building them!

DMot

does the driver side recline, it doesn't seam like there is enough room for that, can you buy a set that match one that reclines and one that doesn't, and how much are the brackets

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle