The Official 2012 Overland Expo thread!!! Post your comments, questions, images...

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
ExPo Originals

I'm looking forward to seeing some of THESE folks again!

ExPoOriginals.jpg

Death Valley Days, circa 2007

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I'll be sure to be careful when walking thru your dome neighborhood. :costumed-smiley-007

Actually I may really be there in the night. Dome tents lit from the inside make a great foreground for night shots. :elkgrin:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I'll be sure to be careful when walking thru your dome neighborhood. :costumed-smiley-007

Actually I may really be there in the night. Dome tents lit from the inside make a great foreground for night shots. :elkgrin:

So you're gonna be the guy walking around the campground at night taking pictures of people in their tents?

:peepwall:

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
We'll be on display again this year answering questions about the gear we use and trips we've taken. Check out the truck, the trailer and see what works and what doesn't. Should have some sneak previews of our CalZona DVD playing as well.

Dixie will be signing pawtographs from noon to 2pm on Saturday :D

img5805v.jpg

We will also have various vendors with Trasharoo's on site for a great show special.

See you all there.

Last edited:

elnocho

See You At The Expo!

Our Defender 110 has arrived from Puerto Rico! We're doing final prep at our "base camp" outside of Scottsdale, and will be heading north soon! See you all at the Expo!

- Nate and Ricardo

Caribbean Rovers Expeditions

Attachments

• DSC_8503_lo.jpg
    DSC_8503_lo.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 30

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
Bundu Gear will be there with bells on, with Howling Moon and Jurgens goodies. We'll have lots of our accessories to sell.
All our accessories will be 10% off, and all rooftop tents, awnings and ground tents will be at 2011 prices!! That means a RTT will on average be $200 off current prices!
And we will have a Jurgens XT140, XT75,camplite and Xplorer! And we'll also be debuting our Deluxe Stargazer tent!
Come and see us, have a chat, and taste our delicious homemade South African sausage (boerwors).
Rou

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Quick question. We'll be flying into Phoenix and renting a car to get up to OX. I noticed that the directions out of flagstaff note its partially a dirt road to the lake. Is there any reason 4wd would be needed (aside from class sign ups) to get to the campsights? Just trying to see if I need to spend an extra couple hundred on a 4wd rental or just go with the normal rental car? Thanks in advance.

If you're driving north on I-17 from Phoenix, there's a shortcut to the event if you get off at Munds Park and head east from there. That road is dirt, but no trouble for a sedan.

The other, scenic route would be to take the Beeline Highway (87) through Payson, Pine, and Strawberry, then north on National Forest Road 3/Lake Mary Road. From the south the turnoff to Mormon Lake is easy to miss; look for the sign to Double Springs campground. That's paved the whole way.

We're at the site now. The Land Rover construction crew has arrived and will be laying out the driving course soon. Andy Dacey (ex-Camel Trophy) is here too, and eyeing the huge stack of logs and oil drums from which he'll be constructing bridges and rafts and things. It looks like it might be my FJ40 that gets floated . . .

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Bundu Gear will be there with bells on, with Howling Moon and Jurgens goodies. We'll have lots of our accessories to sell.
All our accessories will be 10% off, and all rooftop tents, awnings and ground tents will be at 2011 prices!! That means a RTT will on average be $200 off current prices!
And we will have a Jurgens XT140, XT75,camplite and Xplorer! And we'll also be debuting our Deluxe Stargazer tent!
Come and see us, have a chat, and taste our delicious homemade South African sausage (boerwors).
Rou

Awesome! I can't wait to see what all you're bringing in from ZA!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle