The Status of Overlanding Today

Is overlanding becoming a glorified excuse for more bolt-ons and less about travel today?

• Yes

Votes: 185 93.4%
  • No

Votes: 13 6.6%

• Total voters

85_Ranger4x4

Imo the current status of overlanding at least online is "nobody overlands as righteously as i do"

Ads in a magazine... lol. I blew them off years ago because they were basically cover to cover Toyota and jeep accessory ads.

Little to no tech or technique, basically like "this old house" articles about swapping thousand dollar light switch covers.

They didn't apply to me, didn't interest me, I can mine Google for build ideas for dang near free that i can adapt to my rig so the $15-25 stayed in my pocket every time and I just moved on and let the masses have their cake.

Kinda the same with gun mags for what that is worth, I built my last couple myself but mags (made of paper) don't really interest me.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Who is picking a fight? Look at the subject from the original poster. We are talking about overlanding. Not hunting, not camping, not weekend whatever.
Your previous comment: "Guns are relevant, like many other things. You discuss the things relevant to you…"
Well I don't share that point of view. My point is that should you decide to travel overland and across international borders, packing a gun isn't an option. Why is this so difficult to comprehend?

Do whatever you want in your own state, country whatever but this is supposed to be an international forum to discuss matters that are relevant to vehicle based travel and exploration.

So for those of you who enjoy guns, I believe there is a thread related to sportsman and firearms etc, why not follow your passion there?
Lol no those that discuss guns don’t get pushed in the corner to appease your sensibilities. It was relevant to the topic and you are offended because it is relevant to some.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Oh man... Okay... so birds and bees.... um...no...
When a couple loves each other.... nope... Hmm... Babies are made when a man's... no.
Once a month a woman gets a special visit... nope. Can't do it.
Yeah, I can't talk about each genders fluids. That's what the question means, right?
Then it gets real complicated as these new fangled trannies don’t have dipsticks anymore so you ain’t sure what the fluid level is in them.

LRNAD90

Adventurer
Oh man... Okay... so birds and bees.... um...no...
When a couple loves each other.... nope... Hmm... Babies are made when a man's... no.
Once a month a woman gets a special visit... nope. Can't do it.
Yeah, I can't talk about each genders fluids. That's what the question means, right?

Sure you can, don't give into the BS narratives designed to tear us apart. It's okay to offend people sometimes, and everyone doesn't deserve a trophy..

Kay, actually on a serious note sealed trannies do annoy me. lol

Both my F150 and wifes Bronco Sport have sealed transmissions. Why??

Planned obsolescence..

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Kay, actually on a serious note sealed trannies do annoy me. lol

Both my F150 and wifes Bronco Sport have sealed transmissions.

View attachment 802911
It’s like those lawnmowers without an oil drain plug as they assume no one is going to change the oil anyways… I bought a cheap push mower to mow a small section I can’t hit with the zero turn, I had to flip the mower over and drain the oil out of the dipstick- but hey it had a dipstick just not a bottom plug…. now I’m really confused…😆

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
It’s like those lawnmowers without an oil drain plug as they assume no one is going to change the oil anyways…
that70s-show-shame.gif

I don't think I've changed the oil in my Toro for 10 years....

I actually kinda want it to die so I can justify a new mower but the damn thing just keeps going. Yank it out of storage in the spring, put gas in it, prime it and 1 or 2 pulls later it fires right up. Not only have I had it 10 years, I bought it used for $75....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online