The Status of Overlanding Today

Is overlanding becoming a glorified excuse for more bolt-ons and less about travel today?

• Yes

Votes: 186 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 6.5%

• Total voters

borison

Adventurer
Overlanding is just car camping with more expensive crap and a better name. Advertisers are playing all these guys fragile egos (nobody on this site, of course). How can you really overland in a 2wd minivan with a Coleman cooler and a Walmart tent?! No way! You’ll be needing a Yeti tactical toilet paper dispenser for $49.99 to do it right. Never mind that Walmart has the same tactical paper dispenser under the Ozark Trails name made at the same plant in China for $4.99.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Oh I knew. I see those stickers all over the place here too.

I won't lie, part of me wants to wrap our holiday trailer to match my truck. And to break up the blank space I was debating a decal like you posted, lol.

Won't do it though cause I'm too cheap to spend money wrapping an RV....
Hey every other truck here with a lift kit has a giant “Salt Life” sticker on the back and we are at least 600 miles from the nearest ocean access.

MontySquareo

Overlanding is just car camping with more expensive crap and a better name. Advertisers are playing all these guys fragile egos (nobody on this site, of course). How can you really overland in a 2wd minivan with a Coleman cooler and a Walmart tent?! No way! You’ll be needing a Yeti tactical toilet paper dispenser for $49.99 to do it right. Never mind that Walmart has the same tactical paper dispenser under the Ozark Trails name made at the same plant in China for $4.99.
Tactical toilet paper dispenser? I always just stuck the TP on a convenient branch or stick

nickw

Adventurer
I don't know about anybody else but I get excited when I see streamlined, simple "expo" rigs, like what the old guy down the street used to go explore & hunt with and gave ZERO &*$@ about what anybody else thought. Maybe 1" oversize AT tires, some Rancho shocks, simple winch bumper and some CB attenas and would just send it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears