The Toyota Land Cruiser Is Coming Back To America

ChrisCosta416

No because in North America the Patrol is extremely neutered and there is literally ZERO aftermarket support.
The Armada in the states is nothing like the Patrol overseas. The patrol overseas has beefier suspension including lower and upper arms, trailing arms and reinforced frame.

And the Patrol is probably the most popular 4x4 in the world neck and neck to the Land Cruiser

The Armada in the states is nothing like the Patrol overseas. The patrol overseas has beefier suspension including lower and upper arms, trailing arms and reinforced frame.

And the Patrol is probably the most popular 4x4 in the world neck and neck to the Land Cruiser
Yup that what I thought...

nickw

Adventurer
If it’s not a 70 series….
I gave up on Toyota USA in 79 when the BJ40 appeared in Canada but not US. They’re worthless IMHO.
Too bad they didn’t continue with 70s (other than the mine pickups) in Canada; I’d have a Troopy with 2H or 1HZ etc in my front yard.
Zero chance and good riddance - they don't work well loaded in the N American market, it has the power to weight ratio of an old VW bus....great for banging through the DRC, no so much for any hwy with hills. I'd take a 70 w/1GR before the diesels....

nickw

Adventurer

They also have bigger differentials and axles from my understanding.

m(a)ce

Adventurer
Toyota dropped more teasers and announced Aug 1st @9:20pm is the reveal.

71dd8da03e3f07e21dd7ff8cfb38a168.jpg

4bbf0f26758739bcefe157016c5828ca.jpg

51dbf6f6205475b38f5a08f530a9739d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Another article with more pics:

@Tex68w when are you getting yours? lol

I wonder if this one will come to Canada since we haven't had a Land Cruiser here since the 80 series?

SkiWill

Another article with more pics:

@Tex68w when are you getting yours? lol

I wonder if this one will come to Canada since we haven't had a Land Cruiser here since the 80 series?
I'm hoping the trim levels are more for those that don't need 21 way power ventilated seats rather than the de-contenting of the off road hardware and capability as mentioned in the article. It would be really nice to have a basic, well built Land Cruiser with the utility and off-road hardware without all of the luxury appointments driving up the cost so much.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I'm hoping the trim levels are more for those that don't need 21 way power ventilated seats rather than the de-contenting of the off road hardware and capability as mentioned in the article. It would be really nice to have a basic, well built Land Cruiser with the utility and off-road hardware without all of the luxury appointments driving up the cost so much.
Agreed. For lack of better comparison, it would be nice if we had the option of a 105 series as well as a regular loaded up 100.... If you know what I mean?

MFurey

I think that might be the direction they take with the 4Runner. It's going to be interesting to see how they distinguish between the LX, GX550 (same wheelbase as LX), new LandCruiser (probably have same wheelbase as LC300), and 4Runner. Also, the front bumper looks like it might come winch-ready.

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
I think that might be the direction they take with the 4Runner. It's going to be interesting to see how they distinguish between the LX, GX550 (same wheelbase as LX), new LandCruiser (probably have same wheelbase as LC300), and 4Runner. Also, the front bumper looks like it might come winch-ready.
It looks extremely similar to the 2013 4Runner Trail edition front end which, in my opinion, was one of the best-looking 4Runner facias yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998