The Ute: 97 E350 4X4 AMB CONVERSION

naterry

13 Cheeseburgers
Note: I previously posted a thread to sale the Cab & Chassis only but was subsequently convinced to sale the truck as a whole. Apologies if this violates the for sale section rules but I felt that it was enough of a different animal to warrant a new thread. That, and it will avoid some confusion.

1997 E350, 7.3, 230k, UJoint 4x4 Conversion, 15k OBO, San Francisco
Build Thread: http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ad.php?t=34160

I'm making the jump to a U1300. The truck has performed flawlessly and I have had no issues what-so-ever.

Detailed information on the build is in thread noted above, here are the basics:

1997 E350
7.3 PS (~230K)
Built E40D (~10k miles since rebuild)
NP271
Rebuilt Dana 60 Fr (all new bearings & seals, new brakes,<10kmiles)
Dana 70 Rr
UJoint Conversion w/Bilstiens

IMAG0041Large.jpg

IMAG0043Large.jpg

DSC_0030Large.jpg

DSC_0029Large.jpg

DSC_0103Large.jpg

DSC_0052Large.jpg

DSC_0087Large.jpg

DSC_0086Large.jpg

DSC_0090Large.jpg

DSC_0088Large.jpg

DSC_0091Large.jpg

DSC_0093Large.jpg

DSC_0101Large.jpg

DSC_0043Large.jpg

DSC_0098Large.jpg

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Very nice rig. The price is pretty good too for what you have. It sure is cheaper(time and $$$) to buy a rig like this that is already done than make your own.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
We just about bought this rig before it was posted and decided not too after all. Nate is a great guy and the rig is very well equipped/converted for the reasonable asking price. Only reason we didn't buy it is because we couldn't bring ourselves to sell our 80/AT combo - again.

Good luck with the sale Nate, it's a sweet Ambo dude.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Nat, couple of question for the curious-

Weight wet
Fuel capacity
MPG
Noise level in cab at highway speed
Comfortable cruising speed

Thanks

naterry

13 Cheeseburgers
Sold!

Cheers guys! Thank you very much for the compliments and interest. A super cool local couple drove over after work and picked it up today.

I thought I was immune but I got a little lump in my throat watching her leave the shop. Tons of great times in the Ute in just the year I had her. -BUT on to a great home and I'm sure I'll see her again...

Now it's mog time!

Here are the answers to teh Q's anyway:

Weight wet: 9900#'s
Fuel capacity: 50G
MPG: ~14
Noise level in cab at highway speed: no db numbers, so subjective, but tolerable. easy to converse.
Comfortable cruising speed: 65-70

I didn't get around to the water supply yet.

Cheers!

Nate

chp-sk8

Adventurer
mog!

Hey Nate,

I am looking for a mog too, are you going to build yours out? Is the Pinz too small for you? Great build on your last rig by the way....that inspired me to build out my van:victory:

Cheers

Eli

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Congrats:wings: I figured it would go fairly quick looking at the pictures and the price, but that was fast. Lets see some pictures of the mog build up when you do it.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Congratulation, Nate, on the sale, though it was never in doubt. A very cool build that I really admired. :bowdown:

Regards,

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears