The VehiCROSS

Ala5ka

VX'er
I just picked up a VehiCROSS with only 28K on it

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

My plans are for Rocky Mountain sliders, and OME 912 springs, those are the only mods I'm planning, maybe new tires in the future.

If you have any questions about the car, shoot em at me :)

chasespeed

Explorer
I just picked up a VehiCROSS with only 28K on it

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

My plans are for Rocky Mountain sliders, and OME 912 springs, those are the only mods I'm planning, maybe new tires in the future.

If you have any questions about the car, shoot em at me :)

YOU SIR, SUCK!

Seriously, congrats.... I love those things... had a few Zu's in the past... and kinda got my eyes open for another....

Enjoy the ride....

Chase

S

Squatchout

Lucky dog! A VX with only 28k is pretty unheard of. Next your going to tell us you got it real cheap too!

Congratulations!

Ala5ka

VX'er
I traded my F150 straight across for it, the owner needed a pickup for Idaho, and I needed something better on gas, it worked out well for everyone.

Ala5ka

VX'er
Thanks for all of the positive reinforcement guys, this unique little guy will hopefully do everything I need it for, I'm looking for a Yakima roof storage thing for a trip to AZ but other than that no mods in the near future, I might not even lift it, sliders, diff armor, and some lightforce lights would make it perfect :)

S

Squatchout

Show it off over on the planet. Several VX owners there too. There are also a couple of dedicated VX boards.

Man that interior is clean and in great shape.

S

Squatchout

What kind of gas mileage do those things get?

15-20+ depending on how you drive and mods. They are based on the 2nd gen 2 dr Trooper platform. Other parts spec'ed from various Isuzu vehicles and many one off parts such as sheet metal. These were extremely limited production vehicles and the body stamping dies were made of concrete(ceramic) because they were cheaper and did not need to last a long time. Needless to say replacement sheet metal is hard to come by. Some of the suspension parts are upgraded from the Trooper stuff such as the front CV axles and reserveior shocks.

Like the same year Trooper 3.5 v6 with a gm 4L30 auto trans and BW Torque on demand 4wd system. That system was developed for this vehicle originally. Supposedly Isuzu spent more money developing that 4wd system then most companies spent to develop a complete new SUV at the time.
Sweet machines. I intend to have one eventually.

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
These were always one of my personal favorites. There are some videos on YouTube with some modified ones. They were ahead of their time, too. Cool rig!

- Andy

Ala5ka

VX'er
Thanks for the feedback guys. I get about 20mpg. Some of the VX's have oil burning issues but this doesn't yet. My only concerns are going to be replacement body parts if it happens but there are plenty wrecked ones out there to scavenge. There's one for sale thats been all modded out for sale in WA right now.

S

Squatchout

Your engine is young. If you do the right stuff now It may never get the oil burning problem. I sold my 2000 Trooper over it because at the time it was not well understood. The oil burning is caused by the fact that the pistons in the early 3.5 only have 4 small return holes under the oil ring. If these get gummed up the oil scraped off the cylinder walls goes into the combustion chamber instead of back into the block. Eventually the the rings can stick compressed in the ring land. There is a lot of write up on this on the planet. Main thing is run rotella synth diesel oil and periodically clean the entire EGR tract and tubing and run seafoam through the engine. If you keep it clean before it starts you should be fine. After the rings get gummed it's hard to free them again without an overhaul. Other than that is a fine powerful engine.

Here is a pic from an engine that was past cleaning. See the stuck oil ring?
IMG_2060.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears