The VehiCROSS

Heading Out

Adventurer
Is it fixed?

I passed a truck like yours going the other way in town the other day, Thought it may be you...

it didn't have the rack on top though.

Ala5ka

VX'er
I'm getting it back on Friday :) I'm very excited actually, I'll post pictures of the restoration hopefully and the final product

Ala5ka

VX'er
All of the King's Horses and all of the King's Men did their damnedest but ultimately the body shop had to lend a wrench and now I have her back, just in time for an ADVENTURE on some local fire roads
I feel like before the accident when she was pure silver so was her soul...after being assaulted by this world and sporting a newly blackened front end there is something darker at play in her now, maybe it's the paint, maybe it's the donor mirror probably ripped off of some evil VX precursor transplanted onto my steed...vehicular cannibalism!

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

Ala5ka

VX'er
I have been kicking around the idea of fabbing long travel for the VX, time and money willing, it will be a huge project with a bit of pioneer work. Long travel IFS maybe off of a Toyota (lots of cutting and welding) need to consult a fabricator. Want to keep the stock ride height, widen the track, keep the 4wd, smoother ride. OME rear spring, hydraulic bump stops all of the way around. Nothing too crazy. I also want to cut off the rear door bump and make it hold a full size spare where it should. What do you guys think, I'm going for capability and extreme reliability.

Ala5ka

VX'er
yessir, I have the only VX tube bumper, how hard is rebuilding a little front end going to be :) Really though, two new long A arms, custom CV, custom front axles, hydro bumps, shocks and mounts, longer brake lines, pulled fenders...that's one long weekend

Saiyan66

Adventurer
The long travel plan sounds interesting, but definitely more than a long weekend! If you are serious about it, give Dixon Brothers a call. They are in Lompoc and they do lots of custom long travel stuff. It might scare you how much engineering, fab work, and money goes into something like that.

Ala5ka

VX'er
I plan to keep this thing as long as I can so I can afford to put some real coin into it. Spoke with the wife about it and she says as long as I don't plan on getting another new car it is ok to put money into something I plan to hold on to

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears