The VehiCROSS

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
A VX weighs less than a Cherokee? That surprises me a little...even though the VX is shorter, it is still a stout body-on-frame design, unlike the Cherokee.

Ala5ka

VX'er
VX 3955lbs /Cherokee 2832-4052lbs depending on year and options (based on 3 minutes of research do not quote me)
Capability of stock VX vs stock Cherokee...comparable I guess haha. VX wheelbase is shorter, but Cherokee clearance plus straight axle puts it in a different category. The aftermarket line up for the Cherokee is above and beyond the limited catalogue for the VX, heck most people don't even know what a VX is :) Taking into account the 3.5l V6 the VX has 15 city 22 highway with 31" tires isn't too bad. 250hp, 230ft lbs torque, true transfer case, not too shabby off the showroom floor. The Jeep Cherokee has sold about 1.8 million vehicles since 1993 (close to correct estimate via Wiki) and the VX sold 4100 units...crazy how those things work :)

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
I like Cherokees, thought about buying one back in the late 80s, until I tried to get into one...nowhere near enough headroom. Of course, the same is true of the VX, which is why I drive a Trooper.

Ala5ka

VX'er
I just added a tube bumper, skid plate, cut the rear bump stops, pulled the sway bar, cut down the approach angles

IMG_0744.jpg

Here's the full pic heavy thread on VX info

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=21768

I'll take more pics tomorrow with the skid plate on

Ala5ka

VX'er
Sorry, just forgot about posting those :)

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

1/4" alum from bumper to control arm crossmember, control arm to engine crossmember over the oil pan. Someday I will finish doing sliders and putting plates from engine to transmission crossmember, then to the rear crossmember...someday

Ala5ka

VX'er
I hit a semi truck tire in Arizona on the highway at night and it seems the tube bumper saved me from the brunt of the damage, and everyone came out ok. Long story short 3k in damage and the truckers insurance is paying for the damage. I'll post when its all over :)

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
dang man, glad you're OK. It's odd how the steel bumpers help so much in fender benders, but cars nowadays are made of plastic.

Ala5ka

VX'er
The VX just passed the insurance claims process and the shop started work today, thankfully the parts are available and in the next week paint, mechanics, and body panels will make her like new :)

Ala5ka

VX'er
The pics I took sucked because I took it with a cell and it was dark. As soon as I get it back from the shop I'll post their damage pics along with new pics.

Basement Yeti

Explorer
Hey dude, I saw a black and grey Vehicross down in Hillcrest San Diego and thought of the bruising you and your rig got. Hope everything is coming together!

-Kyle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears