The VehiCROSS

jmxj

Things to look out for on the vx's, around 60k intake manifold gasket will go out, and give you crazy idle, and running lean engine code . Vehicross.info will have all info needed to replace. At 80k fuel pressure regulator will go out, give crazy idle again, vehicross.info again for the win. At 100k the fuel tank seal at the sending unit will start to leak, you will smell gas around the vx, remove/ replace seal, easy. All three are easy jobs and very common on all vx's. Oh, and at any time your engine light comes on but functions fine, check your fuel filler cap, they are bad about getting a engine light if it is not tightend 3 clicks and is letting in air.

Ala5ka

VX'er
Well I guess its been a while so....

I've gotten an IPF roofbasket
thrown in a CB and a handheld 2M
Got a trasharoo (one my favorite accessories)
pulled out the rear seat for stuff storage
and a few little ExPo goodies

I'll put up some pictures of it all later

Plans for the future: OME 913 springs, Nitto Terra Grapplers 265/70/16, custom shade for the rea (I've got some plans simmering)

Ala5ka

VX'er
Howdy Y'all, got some good news and photographic images! The SoCal Mountain Expo has inspired me to say the least. Had such a great time and I need more, secretly I ran the whole weekend without a fullsize spare (I know slap me on the wrist) but...I have some now :) Got a set of general Grabber AT2's, they are almost like a lighter BFG AT five years ago. They feel better quality than newer BFG's and the tread seems deeper, all in all I got a smoking deal and I'm in love with my new shoes.

Here are pics from over the weekend:

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

61.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

New Treads!

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

All in all great tire, they look better in person as my iPhone doesn't do tires justice for some reason, and I'm also in love with my Trasharoo, people keep asking why my car has a backpack right after asking what they h**l is that thing? hahaha

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
People sure seem to like their Trasharoos, not sure I see the attraction.

That rack matches the VX nicely.

Ala5ka

VX'er
That trasharoo is the neatest thing, keeps trash/wood/anything smelly out of the cab and provides extra space in my already compact VX :) plus it increases my ExPo cred ;)

ihatemybike

Explorer
When you have to pack EVERYTHING out a Trasharoo is nice to have. Bought one for my wife last Christmas, it's done time on the back of Eugene and Green.

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
That trasharoo is the neatest thing, keeps trash/wood/anything smelly out of the cab and provides extra space in my already compact VX :) plus it increases my ExPo cred ;)

Bingo...

When you have to pack EVERYTHING out a Trasharoo is nice to have. Bought one for my wife last Christmas, it's done time on the back of Eugene and Green.

And bingo!

Ala5ka, I love that Vehicross! Never owned one but I've always loved their style. Thanks for the pic of the trasharoo mounted, I was wondering how you accomplish that!

Ala5ka

VX'er
Well I had the first ever problem with my "Sally" (guess it looks kind of like a salamander) Turns out idle problems came from dirty PCV valve and MAF, cleaned the whole intake while I was at it, wheeling in the AZ desert makes you swallow all sorts of dust :( All better now! Since last post of pics I've added a new Yakima basket, Cobra CB (not sure model, the whole unit is in the handset and removable to keep it clean), Yaesu 2m, rear led lights idea courtesy of 1leglance (thanks!), fullsize spare on a new rim (not sure where to keep it?), space for extra oil, filters, belts, recovery gear and fuel treatment. Keeping the stock ride height, and suspension/drivetrain for max reliability and MPG's. For the future front locker, skid plates, sliders, electric fan, lower front bumper (need to fab something that doesn't look like junk), in the far future I've got some ideas for a more functional rear door, beefier drive train components (CV joints, drive shafts and what not), I also don't like my rear bumper too much plastic to get smooshed, an led light bar to supplement existing Vision X Solara pods. BTW this is an in the future if all goes properly kind of thing. I'll also add ExPo trinkets as time goes on, fridge, storage and the like. The shape and weight doesn't really support a RTT.

Well here are the goods...

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

and some of the pics I took that day :)

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

desertrover

Adventurer
Hey, how's the city treating you guys and the 'cross? I'm still out in the desert.. Mog doesn't get too many miles with gas how it is.

Ala5ka

VX'er
The VX rocks everywhere, the only problem is abrupt accelerations kill the MPGs because of the TOD system, city 14 highway 22 not too bad though when you think it weighs just a little less than a Cherokee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears