Timbren axleless axle bounces around when towing

gatorgrizz27

I think I have the tongue weight figured out. But the swaying at hiway speeds is a concern.
Put five gallons of water on the tongue and it shouldn't sway anymore. That's the issue.

Tony

I’d agree with continuing to add tongue weight and see if it helps, totally overdo it and take a ride.

I can’t even begin to raise the tongue on my trailer with the Timbren Suspension when it’s empty, and it’s an open utility trailer. Tongue weight is significantly over 200 lbs if I had to guess, though I haven’t weighed it. However, that keeps it stable and sway free when it’s loaded with a golf cart or zero turn with 80% of the weight behind the rear axle. Tow vehicle is an LR3 with air suspension, so it doesn’t care.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Typical performance for Timbrens. Helps some what if you get 2500lb axle de rated to 1500lbs, a little softer and you get the bigger bearings. Shock absorbers can help but it’s hard to do anything that will dampen this axle. You end up trying to make do by lowering tire pressure and loading up the trailer close to max. Timbres axle are only good for on road use in my opinion, the bigger problem off road is that they are not serviceable beyond bearing replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998