Time to buy a Gladiator? $20k off MSRP’s!

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
IMG_8723.jpegIf you’ve been sitting on the fence about getting an ICE Gladiator, now might be the perfect time to pull the trigger on one!

With huge discounts off of their MSRP’s, you can get one for about the same price as an Accord! You heard me…a friggin Accord!

Wow 🫨

So yeah, maybe it’s time to jump offa the damn fence!

Mike W.

I've got the gun in my hand but just can't pull the trigger. I drove a Mojave for a weekend and was pretty impressed..I drove a Ranger and a Colorado and was depressed..

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
I loved the Gladiator right up to the point that I sat in one. At 6’8” it’s just not an option. Bummed me out too. They might be one of my favorite looking vehicles on the road.

fourfa

Observer
Several of these articles in various outlets. I hope people read the actual article before getting too excited. They usually fail to note that these discounts are only on the stripped out Sport model (not even Sport S) with cheap P rated tires. You won't find such discounts on the Rubicon, Mojave, Max Tow etc that would be a better starting point for people on this forum. And the discount shown in the clipped photo was literally a single dealership in CA, and those discounts were gone within a day

Still, there are some incentives out there, and even the base trim could be a good starting point for a build

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Still has a stop sell on the Ecodiesel. The CP4 injection pump plague across every diesel manufacturer is still bearing fruit. So 3.6 Pentastar gas is it. I'm seeing about 10k off MSRP on Rubicons in my market (SLC). I'd wait for the 0% Apr finance deals to swing if I was in the market.

I think a lot of folks were waiting on the 4XE announcement but Jeep punted that to MY 2025.

Winterhawk

Locally I'm seeing 10% off MSRP for the most part. I like the Gladiator concept, but in my opinion it's wheelbase is too long, it's bed is too short, and I'd prefer an extended cab instead of 4 doors. I do like the pick up concept, just not the execution. If I were in the market for a new Jeep I'd go for the unlimited.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Several of these articles in various outlets. I hope people read the actual article before getting too excited. They usually fail to note that these discounts are only on the stripped out Sport model (not even Sport S) with cheap P rated tires. You won't find such discounts on the Rubicon, Mojave, Max Tow etc that would be a better starting point for people on this forum. And the discount shown in the clipped photo was literally a single dealership in CA, and those discounts were gone within a day

Still, there are some incentives out there, and even the base trim could be a good starting point for a build
According to this article, they even found a Rubicon with 14K on the hood.

Really love the Gladiator. Wanted one to work for me so badly. But, payload and towing just aren't there for what I need.
Need vs want won out so ended up with a 1/2 ton.

phsycle

Adventurer
As mentioned, Gladiators wheelbase is too long, beds too short , plus it needs a more powerful/reliable motor. Folks are finding the Gladiator is neither good off road or on truck and a JLU is a better option if 4 doors are needed.
I have a 2019 JLR, I ordered new for off roading use. I would move into a Jeep extra-cab truck with a JLU wheelbase for it's utility in a heart beat. I would accept a 3.6L with the 8 spd. automatic but option the new I6 turbo motor if available.

At first, I didn’t love the long wheelbase. Thoughts of it getting turtled on every obstacle on the trail. Having to get used to constant scraping of the underbelly.

But it appears they seem to do just fine offroad. Granted, it needs a bigger lift and few other mods, it’s a very very capable platform.

If I didn’t have kids, I’d really consider a Gladiator (over a JL).

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
FWIW, as far as truck price cuts go, the auto news today mentioned that Ford is now cutting the MSRP on some of the Lightnings by @ $10k…
Funny since they bumped MSRP over 20K in the past year....

They need to bring it back down to reality. They got too greedy and it backfired.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I've got the gun in my hand but just can't pull the trigger. I drove a Mojave for a weekend and was pretty impressed..I drove a Ranger and a Colorado and was depressed..
Why didn’t you like the two trucks? I assume they had a noticeable power difference.

Mike W.

Why didn’t you like the two trucks? I assume they had a noticeable power difference.
Just purchased a 19 Airstream 19cb and want to downsize from the F250. Ranger was my first choice so I tested out a FX4 with the 3.0 Ecoboost. Fantastic horsepower but a complete squirrel pulling the trailer, interior sucked as well.. Colorado never made it to the trailer.. Nothing impressed me at all about it. Jeep Mojave just felt good. Doesn't have the kick the Ranger has but it pulled well and feels solid with the trailer on mountain roads..The dealer is looking for one now with the color and options I want..

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Just purchased a 19 Airstream 19cb and want to downsize from the F250. Ranger was my first choice so I tested out a FX4 with the 3.0 Ecoboost. Fantastic horsepower but a complete squirrel pulling the trailer, interior sucked as well.. Colorado never made it to the trailer.. Nothing impressed me at all about it. Jeep Mojave just felt good. Doesn't have the kick the Ranger has but it pulled well and feels solid with the trailer on mountain roads..The dealer is looking for one now with the color and options I want..
I assume it was the 2.3 ecoboost ranger and current (old) body style? The new Ranger interiors look really nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior