TJs with 35s???

Rubicon4URE

Adventurer
Let me see your TJs with 35s and please post how much lift or all of your specs, I'm trying to see what my TJ will look like, thanks

HKguy

20150906_195623 (540x304).jpg I'm on a 5.5 long arm with 35's. I do have heavy front and rear bumpers so I planned on a little sag and with the flat fenders it does make it look taller to me. If you want more info on it let me know.

Jakes01234

Explorer
b47c26a8e0cd973e0cae8fc0e9434eb3.jpg

2.5 OME HD lift, home brew highlined hood and rear fenders raised and tub trimmed to match.

87Warrior

GP'er
P1010005.jpg

I am running a 1" body lift with 3" springs to clear 35's. Currie trackbars, JKS disconnects, Nth springs, Bilstein shocks, Clayton shock shifters, Rokmen control arms, Tom Woods driveshafts, 5.13 gears, Vanco brakes, and alloy axle shafts.

In hindsight even though it is properly set up for 35's, I preferred driving the Jeep cross country when it was lighter and on 33's. I was on 33's for 40k miles and have been on 35's for 50k miles. My advice is to take a real hard look at what you need the Jeep to do and build accordingly.

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
Like 87Warrior said what's your goals? Rock Crawling or BackRoads
35"+ with stock fenders and no cutting, will involve more just a lift, SYE, adj control arms, gears

3" springs flat fenders basically same clearance as stock fenders with out flares
image.jpeg

3" springs with arched fenders and some trimming
image.jpeg

Rubicon4URE

Adventurer
I have all ready ordered my wheels and tires 35x12.50R15 KM2s and 15x8 wheels with 3.7 back spacing, there going on a 2006 TJ 65 Anniversary edition, Dana 30 front Dana 44 rear. I haven't bought my lift yet still decided but I will be regearing it to 427 or 456 and will be locking it front and year haven't decided on selectable or lunch box, probably going to go with a 4 inch and 1 inch body, but I'd really like to stay away from a body lift just because of the look but I do like the advantages of it, I've had 6 jeeps and a Toyota and the biggest tire I've ever had was a 33 so it's about time I go to 35s, eventually she and all that but for now just lift wheels and tires and bumpers, it will be my daily driver and will get wheeled a good bit but not all the time.

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
4" is plenty clearance for 35s, available gears are 4.10, 4.56, 4.88, lunchbox aren't bad for the price

Rubicon4URE

Adventurer
What is the best lunch box? And is it better to get like a front lunch box and a rear selectable to save money or front and rear lunchbox?

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
What is the best lunch box? And is it better to get like a front lunch box and a rear selectable to save money or front and rear lunchbox?

I ran Aussie F/R had no problems, currently have E-Locker rear and Aussie front.

I prefer selectable but my checkbook prefers Aussies lol

Hawkz

Adventurer
I don't have this anymore, but I still have a few photos:

Zero lift with Metalcloak Overline fenders:

Here it is dirty:

I did eventually put a 2" OME heavy lift on it, but I don't see any pictures from after the lift.

NOMADIC_LJ

Explorer
Are you doing anything with the brakes? The stock brakes on a Jeep Wrangler are marginal at best. Trying to use them with a 35" tire is not recommended. On a trail-only Jeep it wouldn't be bad but trying to make a hard stop on the street gets fun real quick :sombrero:

hamr26

Observer
A word of caution: even factory 4 wheel disc are not that great. I have 2006 LJR with 285/55-16 (33x10.50) and braking is not the best. Black Magic front pads and good rotors were a big improvement. LJs have a couple different needs than TJs but a tummy-tuck was still my biggest gain to date.

IMG_1151.jpg

EugeneTheTJ

Tar Heel
3" front, 2.5" rear, 1.25" BL
HP30, 4.88, Spartan locker, Black Magic Brakes
Ford 8.8, 4.88, LSD, Black Magic Brakes
AA SYE, shortened XJ driveshaft
Currie Steering, Currie TBs, Currie CAs, Currie Antirock
IMG_20150111_173744_zps7cd9129b.jpg

2337098d1440088860t-eugenethetjs-2003-tj-build-thread-guinnesspic.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics