Toasty's Garage

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
A few reasons. Although these are real D44's and way heavier duty than Chrysler Jeep era axles it makes the axle more rigid (strenght). The main thing is that it gives us a place to mount our radius arms, welding to the cast iron center section just isn't strong or smart even done properly these axles are just not designed for that.

AZPAJERO

Observer
jus sayin.............

update-1.jpg

Toasty

Yeah. Don't worry though I'm getting things back in order, then i'll be getting things done once again. Fo' realz.

Toasty

Turbo came over and showed me his new 2.0 Fox remote reservoir shocks, he had Downsouth Motorsports custom valve these to his truck and intended usage. The only issue was that nobody but King makes a short enough remote res shock for the Montero and those are like a million dollars.
So i cut off and raised his towers 1.5" by hand forming a new piece and welding it back in place. The ride is supple to say the least, I'll bet it hauls ass off-road too.

20181201_155715.jpg

Last edited:

Toasty

A little power steering mod for PA_JERO, new OEM return lines don't exist anymore and if any of you have replaced them with over the counter cut to fit PS line you know those don't last too long (couple years). I machined some JIC fittings and made a hydraulic hose to match, used a pipe cutter (non abrasive) and cut the original nipples off then brazed the fittings on. I'm pretty sure this new hose will last, it's steel braided and rated at 3,000psi.
20181206_232208.jpg20181206_232142.jpg20181206_232229.jpg20181206_232301.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior