Toilet option in pop-up camper?

bill harr

Adventurer
Just a side note, if you have a 5 gal port-a-potty as I have. 5 gal = 40 pounds, this is 40 pounds that will move around as you carry it. I am old
afm199.gif
with a bad back, do not wait until full to dump.

Ramblinman

Observer
I use the PETT with Success and my girl friend is ok with it. Simple, light, and easy to move around. When we are camped for a couple of days we just put it in the shower tent.

Mino, Where did you pick up the WAG Bags for a buck?? I am paying twice as much.

Desertdave

I have plenty of storage, but I guess I take less stuff than most, and there is only the two of us. For activities equipment, like kayaking or hiking or biking, I use the extra cab space, or roof rack, or rear rack. I do the cooking and most domestic activities so my choice and selection on that equipment works. Might not work if someone else chose what we had to take along and expected me to make it fit :)

JHa6av8r

Adventurer
I have plenty of storage, but I guess I take less stuff than most, and there is only the two of us. For activities equipment, like kayaking or hiking or biking, I use the extra cab space, or roof rack, or rear rack. I do the cooking and most domestic activities so my choice and selection on that equipment works. Might not work if someone else chose what we had to take along and expected me to make it fit :)
x2 For us the Grandby front dinette has plenty of storage. You adjust over time replacing items with things that store easily and we augment with 3 storage totes mainly for things that are used outside. Like DD, activity equipment, goes in the cab, on the roof, or rear rack depending on what we're doing. It me, wife, and 7 year old son.

MINO

Adventurer
I use the PETT with Success and my girl friend is ok with it. Simple, light, and easy to move around. When we are camped for a couple of days we just put it in the shower tent.

Mino, Where did you pick up the WAG Bags for a buck?? I am paying twice as much.

Ramblinman,
I buy old stock in bulk on eBay. You'll run into the really good deals once in a while. Right now, there's a box of 100 "blue bags" selling for $141 shipped.
Try to avoid the "green bags" as that stock is about 7 years old. The zip-locks usually don't work on the really old stock. They have a year shelf life.
I still use bags from 2013 and the powder still works. I just tie the dump bag then twist each end really tight on the zip-lock bag.

I also have used Disposa-John bags. These are much cheaper at 50-60¢ per (200-100) shipped from the UK. I like the concept but have a few issues with them.
1) These do not look biodegradable at all.
2) Does not work well with the PETT (narrower bag) and #2 use.
They are great for #1.

Last edited:

escadventure

Adventurer
I use the PETT too. Wife friendly so she's good to hang with me camping indefinately. I would add that the ergonomics of the PETT are well done. It's stable and resembles the familiar seating position. And it's easily portable, and perhaps easier to deal with than a blue water tank.

FordGuy1

Adventurer

You can find cases of military wagg bags for penny's on E-Bay, just check now and then and they pop up for sell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger