Took the Plunge!!

2500Adventures

Adventurer
Steering is being finished today and then next week its final alignment of the track bars and then the new exhaust is installed and brake lines are routed. The cable lockers will also be routed as well into the cab near the emergency brake.

If all that goes well during the week then a test drive that weekend will happen.

No new photos from the shop, unfortunately, but thats the latest I have to report.

-Scott

4X4NDAD

Looks awsome. You'll have to come visit in Tucson once it's done. Chivo falls or Charlue gap for some shake down /freeway runs. I could never get used to the location of the a-pillars in the Kjs so I traded my wifes 03 liberty for a 98 tj. Then gave her my 2002 G/C with the 4.7 and quadra drive.

2500Adventures

Adventurer
Well hoping to have the first shake down for the rig over 22-24 Oct weekend up in the Cottonwood, AZ area. Get some good Highway and Offroad miles on her and see how things hold up. It's been a long process but she has come along nicely I think. The only thing that stinks is the hail dents from the storm last tuesday 5 Oct.

Pics to be forthcoming...

-Scott

2500Adventures

Adventurer
All the work was completed last week. The remaining parts to add to the Jeep is just get the roof basket reinstalled with the ARB awning with the new quick connectors for the HElla lights and CB mount. Then charge the Powertank tank I'll have in the cargo area and she is done. Well I'll need 35" tires too but that will be a bit later. Just anxious to shake her out and make sure there is nothing wrong. Everything so far has been great.

OH, need to add some more heat wrap to the new exhaust setup to aid in protecting the front driveshaft from getting too hot. Then that should hopefuly do her until we find another issue (if any arise, fingers crossed none will).

Insurance adjuster is also looking at it this week to give me an estiamte on the damages. Broken windshield, turn signal, and dented hood, roof, and passenger side doors and fenders.

Can't wait till Friday!!

-Scott

Nikson

Explorer
Can't wait till Friday!!

-Scott

Could you describe if the driving manners have changed on highway after the long arm kit install (versus the stock?)

I am looking to do coil conversion on my XJ, but being an expedition (rather then a trail) vehicle, care for better highway manners then offroad flex ect.

Thanks

bendersfab

Supporting Sponsor
Cool project.

It's always fun to cut up what some people would call, " a perfectly good vehicle".:sombrero:

2500Adventures

Adventurer
Could you describe if the driving manners have changed on highway after the long arm kit install (versus the stock?)

I am looking to do coil conversion on my XJ, but being an expedition (rather then a trail) vehicle, care for better highway manners then offroad flex ect.

Thanks

Can do Nik!!

-Scott

2500Adventures

Adventurer
The rig rides great, tracked beautifully down I-8 from Phx back to Yuma, very easy to control with just one hand on the wheel most of the drive. It looks very funny with the toy tires on it but that will be fixed soon enough I hope. It floats over the bumps as opposed to how it acted before, which was kind of jolty and thinking the spine might come out of ya. But at any rate, I love it and can't wait to keep the build going. Next is the new tires and wheels, going to 35/12.5/15s and selling the 16" wheels I have since the rubber is cheaper with 15s. Then an ARB front bumper and snorkel, winch, and lord knows what else will be done...

67608_522230364565_56400045_30771709_1828151_n.jpg

74411_522230329635_56400045_30771708_2085723_n.jpg

74571_522230459375_56400045_30771712_2411488_n.jpg

-Scott

Token

Explorer
I'm sure you've stuffed some 35's under there to see what they look like..?? Looks like even 35's might look small under there..

2500Adventures

Adventurer
When building the Jeep, Kevin's Offroad put 15" wheels w/ 35s on and clearanced everything. So they should work, I just need to get the right backspaced/offset wheels.

Looking forward to getting them on and seeing what happens.

monele

Adventurer
Okay, the pics with the baby tires is too funny!! I bet you can't wait for some new rubber. Looking at the pics, they basically built a chassis to fit the unitbody, less a few x-members since they're already there. Can't wait to see it in action in Moab!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears