Trail Marker Up and Out with Wet Bath by Rollingstar MFGing

Treefarmer1

Now that's a g'boy!
Learning a lot about what the gx can do pulling the Trail Marker. This road was steep with loose rocks. With the ko2 s and in 4 Lo 2nd gear it just dug in and crawled on the steeps. While desending I put it in crawl mode and took my foot of the brake and gas and it drove itself down. All be it slow.

Hit a few washes were the spring run off cut 3 foot banks were road entered wash. Loaded a huge amount of rocks in dip then raised the rear air shock until front and rear tires were clear then lowered tounge so rear hitch rack cleared. Abi was happy I did not smash her wheel chair.View attachment 802928
Did you take the road off of I15 that goes in the opposite direction from the campground.? We camped up that road about a 1/2 mile one time and went hiking on it. A lot of jeeps were going up there. Your set up is working really well for you if you towed up in that direction.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Yes I went up that road about 2.5 miles and camped a mile or so from the summit. I kind of wondered if I was over my skies a bit as it was steep and rocky. Thought about you guys and if you would take your Kindom up that road?
Coming down the backside from summit had some challenging washes to navigate. Did not see any trailers past the half mile or so where you camped. Do I need to chill a bit?

Treefarmer1

It looked like it was pretty easy for you. You may not have hit the chill point yet! We've gone in a ways on both ends (from the AZ side and NV side), but have never done the whole way. It is a nice hike up through there and doesn't have the allure of Zion, etc., so it's nice and quiet. I don't know if we would tow up there. We would check first to see how the truck does.

Alta gets 48 inches of snow and I pack up at 20 degrees and head south to AZ crazy. Going to Dawn to Dusk 12 hour mountain bike race at MacDowell Mountain Park AZ (83 degrees today). Just thru down on a Alta Rack 3 bike hitch rack. It the most solid built rack on the market. Most clearance and very solid on the trailer and I put to the test getting to my camp spot for tonight just north of Flagstaff. I totally " obsessed " in my research of all racks and the Alta won!20231205_060531.jpg

Treefarmer1

I can't think of anything I can do for 12 hours straight anymore. Have fun! Try to stop by and say hi to Circ and Cindi.

I did several 50 mile mtb races, three 100 milers and two 24 hours (one team and one solo) all at elevation except the solo 24 hour which was at Moab Behind the Rocks. I like hiking better now.
That's because your smart and I am not. I bet that's why your name seemed familiar to me as I did the 24 hours of Moab back in the day. I am sure we raced each other. I have so many fond memories of that race. I remember one year the dust was so bad. Our first daughter was just an infant and it got so cold one night our frien had her in her sleeping bag keep her warm with body heat. She is 26 now.

Don't you wish we had or trailers back then?

Damn it's 20 degrees here in Flagstaff. Propex is purring like a cat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online