Treeline Outdoors Half Hatchet

libarata

Expedition Leader
I doubt the Vaughan is manufactured in the United States. The extra cash is sound of mind, and wont fuel Communist China. I know of less expensive hatchets manufactured in the US, but none have the nail puller(not that I would use that).

libarata

Expedition Leader
o.o I knew this... I have been hunting for a quality hatchet made in USA for a while. I discounted it, because it was made in Illinois. HardCore Hammers makes a hatchet in Illinois as well for about the pricepoint of the Vaughan. I think the extra cost is that it is being imported into Canada, and probably made in small runs.

I am going with http://www.counciltool.com/product.asp?pg=product&item=22BR next month. I have both a felling axe, and splitting maul, both of which work very well.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
o.o I knew this... I have been hunting for a quality hatchet made in USA for a while. I discounted it, because it was made in Illinois...
Contrary to popular belief, Illinois is technically part of the United States (except East St Louis) and citizens there can even run for POTUS if they are so inclined.

Curmudgeon

Adventurer
I've never regretted buying a high end tool.
Talk to any carpenter who knows his tools and ask him what kind of hammer he would buy if he wanted "high end." A vast majority will tell you Vaughan or Estwing. Both top quality, both made in the USA.

Since Treeline apparently monitors these forums, I would challenge them to assure me this is NOT made by Vaughan. Or if it is, what have they done to improve it so much it is worth nearly 4 times what a Vaughan costs.

libarata

Expedition Leader
Contrary to popular belief, Illinois is technically part of the United States (except East St Louis) and citizens there can even run for POTUS if they are so inclined.

To any true Wisconsinite, the flatlands, and the things that inhabit them, are not real... Except when they fly up our roads at 90mph and act like jackholes all around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears