Trip down Oregon coast

biggoolies

Adventurer
About the hydraulic motorcycle rack. It is still in the process of being built. I will post pictures of that when it is finished. I will not likely "stick out" as it will be quite high at the back. The rack will house a generator and spare tire also.

Last edited:

Mock Tender

Adventurer
Biggoolies-

Gatsma & Biggoolies- that is essentially what I am trying to figure out. When I look at the pictures that Hackney has of Carl's unit and Biggoolies- I can clearly see the difference between the two. What I don't get is how much more Biggoolies sticks out the back side of that set-up than Carl's. It looks like quite a bit- enough say for a 21' BF to be no more aft of the rear axle than Biggoolies. I assume I am missing something. By the way- I like the 17- just trying to get an idea of how much extra space I might have if I mounted the BF 17 after the curve on the Fuso frame- for a storage box or area?

Mark

biggoolies

Adventurer
DARCYS - WIN_20141018_102234.JPG20140905_183304_Android.jpgDARCYS - WIN_20141018_102244.JPGdeparture angle.jpg

Okay so here are some pictures of the back end along with a picture of the back part that will be removed when the motorcycle rack is completed to improve the departure angle.

Mock Tender

Adventurer
Biggoolies-

Thanks for the photos. What year and what is the actual length of your wheel base? I know it is an swb- but how much shorter is it than the newer 134.4" wheel base?

biggoolies

Adventurer
Biggoolies-

Thanks for the photos. What year and what is the actual length of your wheel base? I know it is an swb- but how much shorter is it than the newer 134.4" wheel base?

It is a 2006 model and the wheelbase is 112.6" the longer wheelbase is 136.2".

Mock Tender

Adventurer
Biggoolies-

Great information and pictures- thanks. I have a couple more questions, if you don't mind.

Is your pivot point on your three point attachment mounted before or after the drop in the frame coming from the cab?

Did you strengthen the "s" drop in the frame- as shown in the Fuso bodybuilders guide?

Would you mount the Northern Tool Box higher or get a smaller one for departure angle- or is that not a factor?

Did you add extra cross beams to the Bigfoot for strength?

Again, thanks- I am getting close to pulling the trigger.

Mark

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior