Truck guns?

mogwildRW1

Adventurer
My 870 has a non-restricted (fully legal) 8.5" barrel, and is 26.5" with the full stock, makes a nice truck gun, holds 4 3" magnum shells.

LACamper

Adventurer
TahoeMD those laws are probably carryovers from the 20's gang wars!
My all time favorite truck gun is an Enfield #5. 10 rounds of .303 beats 30 rounds from my AR. That thing is just handy. Not to mention intimidating with the flash hider. I have to admit the new Ruger Scout is tempting though, and a bit cheaper than that Copilot (want! but not enough to spend that kind of money).

LandyAndy

Adventurer
bl-6.jpg

So, the top one is restricted with a pistol grip.... umm....

What happens if you have a folding or detachable stock on the top one ?

BPMOU

Observer
I carry my Glock 26 with w backup Glock 19 mag in a Archangel daily, or my Glock 19 in the same manner.

Best Truck gun is a cheap <$500 CIA AK tantal underfolder. 30 round mags are cheap, ammo is cheap to buy online and it's a natural switch from my Arsenal SGL.

Rattlesnake Joe

I find an old Savage Model C .222 over a 20 guage just about perfect for a truck gun. But in the future I may need to carry a M1A Springfield if you know what I mean?

bfdiesel

Explorer
Ruger 10/22 is carried in the truck for snakes and the like, or just plinking. Could be used to scrounge up some game in season. For big game I upgrade to a .270win or .300RUM. For self defense that is another story....

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I always have a pistol on my person, but a lot of times on a back country trip I will take a cheap built-from-parts AR-15 with a collapsing stock that fits about anywhere in the truck.

IMG_0129.jpg

Im not an AR expert but the barrel on that gun looks like a little more than what most would consider "cheap". Maybe that was sarcasm?

lowenbrau

Explorer
I'm another Canuck with a short 870. I replaced the furniture with plastic stuff and don't worry if it gets banged around a bit (even though it has a very nice Wingmaster receiver)

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
I have a wingmaster that i have fired a total of 3 times in 4 years. just never been a shotgun guy. Now I love my rifles, But I do not feel the need to carry 100% of the time. Being that I travel a lot for work a concealed weapons permit is a waste of time in any one state. I usually have a pistol Taurus PT145PRO close to hand. I also carry a 22-250 or 30.06 in the back country.

Expedition Leader
Im not an AR expert but the barrel on that gun looks like a little more than what most would consider "cheap". Maybe that was sarcasm?

No sarcasm; built them mostly from sale and spare parts. For example, Spike sold the lowers very cheaply because they had been custom-engraved for some customer who didn't pay for them, so I got them for next to nothing. The Eotech site on the one cost about as much or more than the rest of the parts to build it.

goin camping

Explorer
When out exploring our California deserts I carry a Glock 19 and a Saiga in 7.62. I aim for reliability in working guns.

Ray_G

Explorer
Truck gun.jpg
Put something together for fun off a parts kit AK; decided she needed a refresh and went overboard but in the end will fulfill duties that go beyond the G19.

Area52

Adventurer
This is a frequent carry, but it could just as easily be a Sig 556 or AR.

It depends on what I feel like bringing along.

Jim

attachment.php

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
^ Nice ^

I like the clean lines of that. On my wish list for someday.
My bumpstick

moss4.JPG

Package fits in tight places. Nine rounds and a cookie cutter tip to "poke'm in the nose"

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears