Trump's 03 Tacoma

4RunAmok

Explorer
Glad to see you get the bumper of your choosing... finally!

And not just because I'm getting the old one! It's good to see your truck coming together!

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Just for a little back story...

The front bumper that this new one replaces was not the bumper I had ordered at all. The fabricator/business (if you want to call it that) was the worst buying experience I've ever had. 5 months late... yes, 6 months total... on a bumper. Almost no communication the whole time. In fact, I never was able to talk with the actual owner/fabricator. It was shipped to the wrong address and nearly delivered. I had to fix the shipping mistakes because they didn't. When I finally received it I discovered it's not the winch bumper that I ordered. The "business" went under two weeks before the bumper was delivered... they disappeared, completely. You name it... it went wrong. I was screwed for a lot of money over this one and I'm glad that this is the final chapter.

Don't you just love happy endings... ;) That makes it all the more valuable in the end; and it does look great - AP hit a home run with that one.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Im loving the recovery points on that! Looks good! Allpro does good work!

x2!

allpro.jpg

ALLPRO

Last edited:

7wt

Expedition Leader
Yup, without a doubt the best looking bumper for the 1st gen Taco. Looks great man! The recovery points are stuff dreams are made of.

YotaPilot

Adventurer
The APEX bumper for the first gens are available on All-Pro's website now and I am contemplating ordering one.

Question...why did you go with out the center hoop and headlight hoops?

trump

Adventurist
The APEX bumper for the first gens are available on All-Pro's website now and I am contemplating ordering one.

Question...why did you go with out the center hoop and headlight hoops?

They had the bumper ready before the tube work, so I had to wait. I'll be adding the center and headlight hoops as soon as the revised hoops are made... they're improving the fitment. Talked with them today and they said 2-3 weeks until the improved design will be in.

YotaPilot

Adventurer
Can you post a pic that shows the bumper from the side that shows the whole wheel well? It looks like the bumper doesn't extend back to be even with the inside edge of the wheel well. Is it just the angle of the picture or is that actually the case?

Thanks.

trump

Adventurist
Can you post a pic that shows the bumper from the side that shows the whole wheel well? It looks like the bumper doesn't extend back to be even with the inside edge of the wheel well. Is it just the angle of the picture or is that actually the case?

Thanks.

I don't currently have a picture that shows a better view of the wheel well, but I can get one for you tomorrow. You're correct in your observation, it doesn't quite extend all the way back. In order to keep one bumper for all three front end designs on the first gen this was a requirement. The frame of the '01-04 is ~3/4" longer than the '95.5-00.

trump

Adventurist
A few pictures from a four day trip last week through Death Valley:

CIMG1998_zpsa0cd554c.jpg

CIMG1992_zps5b1a760d.jpg

CIMG1993_zps91c77ef8.jpg

CIMG2052_zps8485a970.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

You may have noticed the addition of the Lightforce 240's that now dominate the front of the truck. I had been back and forth about what direction I was going to take with aux lighting, but ended up purchasing these from a member here when they were offered for a good price. Usually the only time I need extra lighting is on Friday nights trying to get into camp late. While there are lights with:

Better quality light (Hella 4000's)
Brighter light (Various high-end HID's and LED Lightbars)
Smaller housings (just about anything when comparing LF240's)

You'd be hard pressed to find a bright aux light as durable and lightweight as these. With the occasional usage it's hard to justify lights over $300. ...so LF240's it is.

Another thing to note:

My list of future additions is rapidly coming to an end.

I know that I'll never truly be done messing with it... it's one of my hobbies after all, but the original plan will be met soon.

What's left?

-Wiring LED fog lights
-Adding the finishing details on the flip-pac interior (prototype passed its test last week on the legendary washboard of Saline Valley Road)
-Mounting/wiring the winch
-Having All-Pro weld the center and headlight hoops on the front bumper

That's about it. Stay tuned...

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
pssshhhh 240s ****** man :D im rocking some too for my main driving lights.

Love them :cool:

15f43daf6d7214d6664979ba7fe76196.jpg

I love how clean your rig looks man. The flip pack is sick. might have to change and go the route some day..

trump

Adventurist
Here's a sneak peek at the interior in the Flip-Pac:

CIMG2085_zps9b7c0184.jpg

Currently the wood is bare; however, it will be coated soon after a few more details are addressed and weather permits.

CIMG2089_zps3c59b922.jpg

The storage is cavernous. Much more space than I had expected.

CIMG2088_zpsd4abab85.jpg

Left to right: Reliance 7 gal aquatainer; The plastic throne (Thetford 135 Marine); 10# CO2

CIMG2086_zps214081c2.jpg

Southco latches

CIMG2084_zpsaef95f29.jpg

I also added new bedding, finally. Instead of the sheets and comforter, we're now using The North Face Dolomite 3S Double sleeping bag. It's dimensions are as close to perfect as you'll find for the Flip-Pac's size. It was plenty warm in 30 degree weather and I imagine I would be comfortable in it all the way to its 20 degree rating. If you're a cold sleeper it might not be enough for you. I also finally ditched the full size pillows we've been carting around from home for Nemo Fillo's. They provide fantastic comfort and support in a pillow that packs small and only weighs 10.9 oz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears