Trying to decide on a ride.

Hob

I'm surely leaning towards the 4Runner (for now), I've been doing research and I'm thinking I'd go for the V6 in the 03/04 model but if a well taken care of 05 V8 crosses me in my area I'd be tempted to op for it and it's 270hp / 330 tq engine. The V8s in 03/04 making 235hp/320tq aren't to impressive to me when compared to the V6s at 245hp/282tq. Haven't look into the market for these 4Gen 4Runners here in Phx yet so I'm not sure what years/models are in my price range.

Everything is a give or take :( more power and less mpg or vice versa. Either engine will suit me fine for what I'll be doing with it and even the recorded V8 MPGs are by no means awful for what you get. I'm getting excited again thinking about the possibilities haha, I've got to get my Mach 1 up for sale soon.

NMRubicon

Observer
I regularly get 19mpg in my 02 Cummins, moving from Alaska to New Mexico, I averaged 16.3mpg pulling a 9000# camper. The only time I have had to be pulled out was when I made a knucklehead move, and high centered. Of course the price would have to be right, you're going to pay 30+ cents per gallon more for diesel than you will for gas, but the 5.9 cummins is rated to 350,000 miles before any sort of overhaul may be required. It will get me to 85% of the places my 2010 Jeep Rubicon will, only it will bring along a lot more stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior