Tundra regular cab short bed (RCSB)

chitown4x4

Its still buildable on the toyota site... just not every zip code for what ever reason who knows... try using marylands zip code. You can build a reg cab 4x4 with 5.7 and buckets.

The tacoma is like this too... in colorado zip codes the site lets you build a rcsb manual with buck seats... many thought they stopped offering this config in 08. Bit its still there

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Frosty_1

Adventurer
They are still available, even though the website may say different.

Best thing would be to call your local dealer. I had a dealer look for one for me up here in the PNW...There was exactly ONE truck with what I wanted: RCSB, TRD, in one of my requested colors(white, pyrite or silver...it was a pyrite truck).

f.

jayzoid

Yes these are rare and very awesome.. should have never sold it.....

DSC_0084-2.jpg

chitown4x4 ... i love the look and setup of your black Tundra!! can you tell me the mods you did to that? lift, tires and wheels? and how was the ride and performance after? i'm a single guy and looking at one of these for and adventure vehicle with a camper shell, as I agree a FW pop up just wouldn't look right. thanks for the info!

summertime

I'd never sell my Regular Cab Short Box 4x4 TRD 5.7. I bought my 07 with only 7,900 miles in April of 2010 and flew to NC after several months of looking. It still has never seen a winter. 2013-05-02 14.15.26.jpg

nurbs

Figured I'd revive this thread. I love the RCSB Tundra... was hoping to get a 2014 version but they weren't making them anymore.

Got it end of last year and had it shipped here from Maryland. Got 6K off MRSP. Here are some shots from various roadtrips.

It has the TRD Supercharger and Line-X front and rear bumper.

tumblr_n6kgqjcI691t2wj9ko1_500.jpg

tumblr_n6kgqjcI691t2wj9ko2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mz04eh2K8c1t2wj9ko2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mz04eh2K8c1t2wj9ko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwi88hNyhu1t2wj9ko1_1280.jpg

country_guy

That's a sweet ride. what wheels and tire are on it? is it stock on the ride and suspension or does it have a lift or level?

nurbs

That's a sweet ride. what wheels and tire are on it? is it stock on the ride and suspension or does it have a lift or level?

Thanks! Those are 20x9 wheels from ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-TRD-STYL..._Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item4d0c43cb58&vxp=mtr

The color I got was hyperblack - the ones available on ebay are only gunmetal and black now. The guy who sold the hyperblack was in Glendale CA, and think I bought the last set. He sold it to me at a discount because he said the Tundra large PCD bolt pattern were not as popular and harder to sell.

They have a +40 offset which makes it pretty flush with the fenders. The tire itself sticks out maybe .5 inches.

The wheels are BFG AT KO 305/55/20s. The truck came with the standard suspension, and I went online and purchased the "offroad package" shocks (yellow Bilsteins) and coilovers. Think they raise the front of the truck about 1 to 1.5" I think. I removed the front mudflaps and there is no rubbing.

When the TRD PRO parts become available I may upgrade to those.

nurbs

Yep. Believe it is super charged too.

I didn't like the '14 Tundras at first, they are growing on me.

They have certified the 2014s with the supercharger? Meaning there is an updated ECU for the 2014s?

Last I heard it requires a new intake and fit kit:

PTR29-00140 Supercharger Main Assembly
2014 Tundra, This part has a tentative release date of October 2014

PTR29-34140 Supercharger Installation Kit

PTR03-00140 TRD Cold Air Intake
2014 Tundra, This part has a tentative release date of June 5th, 2014

Last edited:

nurbs

RC*SSB

2014-tundra-single-cab-short-bed-frame-chop-icon-vehicle-dynamics-method-wheels-toyo-mt-3.jpg

*Super

I wasn't a fan of the 2014s either. Personally liked the front end of the older models better. They also took out the driver's side handle on the A pillar, which made getting into an already tall truck harder (I'm not super big). Have no idea why they did that.

But I had been following this particular RCSB build... looks unique!

Clutch

<---Pass
They have certified the 2014s with the supercharger? Meaning there is an updated ECU for the 2014s?

Last I heard it requires a new intake and fit kit:

PTR29-00140 Supercharger Main Assembly

PTR29-34140 Supercharger Installation Kit

PTR03-00140 TRD Cold Air Intake
2014 Tundra, This part has a tentative release date of June 5th, 2014

Build spec on their Facebook page.

Link Here

Our Blue Bomber is a feisty little guy, similar to that bully on the preschool playground from yesteryear. The ICON Vehicle Dynamics front coil-over shocks are CDC equipped, making even the roughest Arizona desert road seem like a walk in the park. The tubular upper control arms aid the beast with more down travel than stock factory equipment with the weak ball joint. The rear features ICON's 2.5" remote reservoir option to keep planted to the surface of the road.

You might have noticed by now, that it looks a tad short. Your eyes are not deceiving you, and this bull dog is a heavy weight contender. Regular cab, short... short bed!

With a full build under our hands, and wanting to stick out from the crowd, we couldn't leave the 5.7L fire breather alone. We carefully installed the Toyota TRD Supercharger and added some much needed power boosting secrets along the way . What happened next was a dyno sheet that read over 600HP to the wheels... Not too shabby for a truck rollin' on 35" Toyo Tire Open Country M/T's.

Method Race Wheels black "Double Standards" finish off the stealth look of this sleeper on the road. The 17" Methods and the 35" Toyo's are also an uncommon appearance on a 2.5-3" lift for the Tundra. We can make yours clear too!

An AFE intake feeds the fuel hungry, water methanol injected 8 cylinder engine and tuns hi-test fossil fuel into expended exhaust fumes carried away by an AFE exhaust. The re-geared 4.88's front and rear help the truck demolish rubber like it was going out of style, and help the 5.7 produce a ruble that will scare away even a quick Mustang or Camaro.

The Silver Streak received a lot of the same treatment, but boasts a slightly longer bed. Other options include ICON CDC clickers in the rear, Toyo Tires AT2 shoes, and no TRD Supercharger. Custom graphics were provided by Banners Plus

Pic of the other one they built. (no SC)

10300686_768167773206337_3732771559410860827_n.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger