TundraBirds Go! Picture Thread for Tundras and T-100s

Eview326

Yup everything was bolted right up. Only thing that had to be switched from my axle to the DC axle was the flange the driveshaft bolts to with 4 14mm bolts. It was a different pattern but a quick swap and that was easy. Had to use a puller to get it off the splines of my 3rd member.

MotoDave

Explorer
Just an updated picture of the new truck with the camper shell in place, taken at the summit of McKenzie pass during my road trip last week.
IMG_3959.jpg

Truck performed flawlessly, the dogs like their playpen.
IMG_4067.jpg

rickashay

Explorer
The Tundra got some lovin' while the LX is away at the welder...

SCS Stealth 6 in Matte Silver - limited edition wheel and wanted to stray away from black wheels for my DD and do something "different". 265/70/17 Cooper ST Maxx tires. The tires cleared fine with the stock wheels but as soon as the SCS's went on they rubbed like a ******** on the pinch welds due to the more agressive wheel offset. I cut a lot of the pinch weld off, and now it's good to go! I've already logged about 4-5000kms on the tires and they have been great in the muddy leases at full psi and are surprisingly quiet on the highway. Super happy with them so far... Oh and I de-badged the Tundra somewhere along the line.

20120708-IMG_1675.jpg by RickaShay24, on Flickr

20120708-IMG_1669.jpg by RickaShay24, on Flickr

20120708-IMG_1667.jpg by RickaShay24, on Flickr

rickashay

Explorer
Looks good with those wheels Rick, not overly aggressive. How was your mileage after putting the coopers on?

Thanks! The truck is mainly a pavement pounder so keeping it subtle but clean is my goal. Mileage hasnt really budged 18mpg on the highway pretty much every tank.

Falkon

Adventurer
Hank, I've been running the St Maxx's for about 15k/6mos. Very happy with them. They have performed excellent in all conditions from mud, rock, slick river crossings, torrential downpours on the interstate at 80 mph, anything I have thrown at them. I was a little concerned about hydroplaning, but that has not been an issue.

My mpg has stayed about the same. However, these are heavy tires ~ 60lbs.

daveyboy

Adventurer
I made my final payment and decided to install a set of Bilstein 5100s (middle setting) and a Deaver add a leaf last weekend--here is a gratuitous after pic:

daveyboy

Adventurer
That looks really good. How does it ride compared to stock?

Thanks.

IMHO, it actually rides better than stock. I think it is because the valving is just that much better and the fact that I have Timbrens on the rear. Before the AAL, On moderate bumps, the Timbrens might make contact. It didn't bother me and I never really noticed it that much until now (the Timbrens are still there, but it would take a really heavy load for them to come in to play due to increased distance).

MINO

Adventurer
YM5A3867.jpgYM5A3856-Edit.jpg

After a year of research and months of waiting, finally got the Phoenix Pop-up on the Tundra.

Exp-One bumper, OME heavies + extra leaf, TRD swaybar. No airbags/timbrens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears