TundraBirds Go! Picture Thread for Tundras and T-100s

photoman

Explorer
Haven't added anything in awhile but here is how it currently sits (doing our holiday picture). Still need to build bumpers.
i-RfCHs3G-XL.jpg

photoman

Explorer
Is your rack solid mounted to the shell and the roof of the cab?

For the shell I have an internal cage built and the mounts sandwich the shell in between. I did this: 1. because I was unsure about the weight the shell could really hold 2. prevent any damage to the fiberglass shell as the bed flexed when off-roading.
i-WWk8NPs-L.jpg

Over the cab I drilled holes in the roof, used nut certs, 1/8" rubber strip between the rails and truck, and pumped silicon in around the bolts before tightening down.
i-GLb527G-L.jpg

jCubed

Adventurer
kinda scary since the cab and bed do move independently from each other...

That's what I was just thinking, now you force your cab and bed to move together even when they don't want to. How long as this been like this and have you seen issues?

photoman

Explorer
That's what I was just thinking, now you force your cab and bed to move together even when they don't want to. How long as this been like this and have you seen issues?

kinda scary since the cab and bed do move independently from each other...

So the rack is one solid piece from the shell to the cab?

Nope- two separate racks. One rack over the shell and another over the cab. Figured that was common sense.

(before RTT mounted and 5th light in the center.
i-SR8M263-L.jpg

i-cQ3vSB9-L.jpg

Last edited:

toyotech

Expedition Leader
haha yea common sense is lacking in todays generation. i wouldnt never think anyone would till i seen one done. it was cheap tubing and seen the ends start to crack apart ********

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

uscg2008

Explorer
Good ya I was hoping that you didn't have one solid cause I think there are a couple Tacoma guys that were doing that until we said something to them. Looks good tho

olypenjeeper

my 97 T100, sitting on 31x10.50 toyo MT's. planning on installing my new Cooper ST maxx, 235/85r16's later on this week.

1150622_525972737451364_42695154_o.jpg

Plans include painting the canopy to match, installing a rack on the top, maybe installing a trutrac in the rear, and bumpers front and rear. Not really into wheeling or beating my stuff up anymore. Always looking for sweet steelhead water to flyfish.

jCubed

Adventurer
[QUOT E=photoman;1489002]Nope- two separate racks. One rack over the shell and another over the cab. Figured that was common sense.

(before RTT mounted and 5th light in the center.
i-SR8M263-L.jpg

i-cQ3vSB9-L.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's freaking sweet then! Gives you the option for larger items if you were staying on road. Pretty awesome looking anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78