TundraBirds Go! Picture Thread for Tundras and T-100s

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I am looking at purchasing a custom built bed rack for my 2006 DC. It was built for a 1st gen Access Cab but I think it may work. It should fit between the bed rails, the length isn't a huge deal as I can cut it down if I need to but the real question is where the basket extends over the cab of the truck. It basically comes off the headache rack portion and goes over the cab with about 2" of clearance. Does anybody know it the distance from the top of the bed to the roof of the truck is the same on the access cabs and double cabs?

This is a picture of what I am asking about

It "should" be the same. You could always take a run up here to the PNW and we'll whip you up whatever you want. Geese are open again until the 10th of March too. Just sayin'!:REOutShootinghunter

laurentide

New guy here with a very stock '03 AC SR5. It's going to be a boat hauler on Lake Champlain. New frame in '11, still needs a timing belt with 145K. It's been a great truck so far.

IMG_20160318_160511576.jpg

IMG_20160318_160427426.jpg

crackerjack

Observer
Here's mine. 2012 crewmax
21250660476_259fb303df_b.jpg

22751421525_34312babab_b.jpg

22128628264_468ebc8d3a_b.jpg

do you happen to have a build thread? awesome truck

jim65wagon

Looking at a 2001 limited with 265,000 and it kind of scares me, what should I be looking for? Serviced regularly and all major items have been addressed. I will post pictures if and when I get it, Thanks.
Don't be scared. If it's serviced regularly, a decent price and drives solid you should be gtg. My 03 is sitting on 242000 and I'd drive it anywhere around the country right now.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Looking at a 2001 limited with 265,000 and it kind of scares me, what should I be looking for? Serviced regularly and all major items have been addressed. I will post pictures if and when I get it, Thanks.

Honestly. I would find one with less mileage. It's not so much the engine I'm worry about but with that kind of mileage. You probably have all worn out everything. So unless you get it for very cheap and plan to pay someone or do it yourself to replace all the worn out components.

In the end. Spend a little more on one with less mileage. Otherwise you will keep saying to yourself that I can't justify spending X amount on mods on a vehicle with so many miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelsWithRalph

Adventurer
Atticus

Tundra repairs-103.jpg My 2001 Tundra Access Cab. Bought if from a neighbor in 2009. Did the Timing belt right away. New frame with the recall in 2011 as well as brake lines, rear shocks, lower ball joints, body mounts and bolts, rear spring shackles. Added headers while the engine was out. Since has had brake upgrade to 2006 parts. Recent work includes rear brake bell crank levers, E brake cable, front and rear wheel bearings, front and rear brake backing/dust plates and trailer wiring upgraded to 7 pin with brake controller and 12 volt power. The plan from here forward is a mild build for dirt roads, washboards and mild obstacles.

bimmeryota

Observer
This thread needs an update. South Central Oregon.

20160416_065304_zpsg0wfazsa.jpg

20160416_065409_zps05sisal9.jpg

Also got to try out some new camp lighting.

20160416_202722_zpsnydw1moi.jpg

Yes! Another T100!
Do you have a build thread? Curious mostly about that bumper, TJM?
Lift and tires too, I have a set of 80 wheels waiting for the next setup. One of my favorite factory wheels...

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
Yes! Another T100!
Do you have a build thread? Curious mostly about that bumper, TJM?
Lift and tires too, I have a set of 80 wheels waiting for the next setup. One of my favorite factory wheels...

No build thread but thinking about doing one. Lots has been done to the truck but it's never done, right? Ha
Most of the info is in my sig but the bumper is from Northwest Trail Innovations in Battleground, WA. Not many bolt up bumper options for the T100 anymore.
Lift is currently set at 1" via ball joint spacers and adjusting the Old Man Emu Torsion bars. It will soon get a custom upper arm sealed-top uniball retrofit, lift height will stay the same but with better alignment.
The wheels and tires were just recently put on and I really like the combo. The FJZ80 alloys are light and the KO2's are great tires. Much better on road manners than my KM2's which expected since they are an AT.

20160417_093337_zpsyosnua5s.jpg

Last edited:

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
What lights are you using across the rear hatch of the camper?

I'm using waterproof LED tape that I bought by the roll on Amazon. I have a total of 16 feet in the bed/canopy. The LEDs throw a ton of light, yet draw a minimal amount of current.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78