Tuning a fuso any experience with https://www.schaknat.de/

Alpina FG

Hi fellow fuso owners.
I am trying to add more power and torque to our 2010 fuso. Assuming it works I have two friends with 2012 and 2017 fusos that would also like more.

We started by trying steinbauer modules but after a couple of months working with them directly we still can’t seem to go more than an hour before the module causes engine codes. So we are considering https://www.schaknat.de/

Has anyone else worked with these folks ? Would love to hear your feedback please :)

I have a steinbauer module on a US Spec 2017 FG and have no codes. I can tell you that it is very important that the red wire (power) has a "clean" ignition switched source. If by chance you use an ignition switched source that has any tie to any engine management computer (also switched) by the ignition, the module can produce codes or worse, disrupt the injector operation.

cameronsturgess

Glad it worked on your truck. I worked directly with steinbauer for a month on a 2010 and 2017. Couldn’t get either to work reliably despite clean power and several remaps from them. It was a much better experience using Markus. Way more power and no codes. Remapped it while I had breakfast rather than FedExing a package back and forth to steinbauer

westyss

Explorer
I do not know of anyone here that has used that company.
As mentioned previously, the Australian version of the Steinbauer module works without issue on the FG84. I can only assume that the ECU in the US model is slightly different, or that the Steinbauer unit you have is different from what we have in Australia.
As I also mentioned, @westyss has an Australian version of the Steinbauer on his 2010 FG140, and he does not have any code issues with it.
Very weird.
Hey Owen, my truck is a 2007 built in 2006 , yeah it worked from the get go for me and I have never done anything with it yet including checking for codes! I get no codes if I don’t check for them, ignorance is bliss!

Do these remaps do like the Steinbauer unit as in lengthening the time the injector stays open or do they increase rail pressure?

westyss

Explorer
1 to 2 litres less fuel per 100km’s?
I lost 1 mpg after installing my Steinbauer unit, I have a hard time accepting the fact of getting more power with less fuel, seems like if that was the case Mitsubishi would have done it already?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman