UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
28'. I've been posting pics here and on FB, will have complete pics up on my site as soon as its done.

WrenchMonkey

Mechanical Animal
Oh yes, load rating is pretty important. :)

These Toyo's are rated @ 3640 each, so 14560 total. The camper weighed 10K before the conversions so we have a bit of wiggle room.

But it can't be anywhere near 50/50, can it? I bet you're a lot closer to 7k on that rear axle than you think...

(Hate that my first comment is critical, I just LOVE your work!)

Robert

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
But it can't be anywhere near 50/50, can it? I bet you're a lot closer to 7k on that rear axle than you think...

(Hate that my first comment is critical, I just LOVE your work!)

Robert

It's almost 40F/60R. To be exact, its 6140R. So that gives us 1140 to play with.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
V5 is here! I just bought this from a custom in KS that did the install himself. I sent him a complete 6" setup with a Stage 2 RSC equipped D60. I was planning to purchase a RB 12 pass later in the summer, but took this instead because the deal was right! So here are the quick specs as it sites now:

2011 E350 5.4, 6" UJOR conversion, Stage 2 D60 w/RSC, single shocks, ARB Rear locker, 4.88 gears, 35/12.50/18 Nitto tires on Fuel Wheels.

540958_564394130246486_1876890035_n.jpg

I'll be using this van as my DD as well as a development rig. I really want to dial in the 5.4 conversions since these vans are so plentiful and priced low. The 5.4 vans have always been the hardest and most expensive to convert due to the small transmission and the required exhaust mods, so some more pre made parts are in order! We'll also be developing more lightweight bumpers and a roof rack for this project and do some tweaking for efficiency in the engine dept. Also on the list is flares, electric steps, fridge, rear shelf/storage system, single 5160 series shocks, and some LED tail lights. I'll update the thread as I go!

Abitibi

Explorer
Well done! Nice to see you do your best to cater to every type of van, sure to please a bunch! Looking forward to all those mods!

Is it only me or the nose on that van is awfully long?

Cheers
Mr. D

Ps. Seems like I finally got myself something to get started as well ;)

Last edited:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Well done! Nice to see you do your best to cater to every type of van, sure to please a bunch! Looking forward to all those mods!

Is it only me or the nose on that van is awfully long?

Cheers
Mr. D

Ps. Seems like I finally got myself something to get started as well ;)

The 08 up is a bit longer, so I can see why it looks like that. And good new on the find!

That's a nice looking van Chris! Am I correct in assuming that it has yet to be converted to 4wd?

Nope, its already 4x4!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12