Unicat Brilliant "smaller" for class 5 chassis (4x4 Dodge/GM/Ford-6x6 Gwagons/Toyota)

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
More information is available HERE

B1.png

B2.png

Lifting roof with solid sides

B3.png

Rear door

B6.jpg B4.png

Disclaimer - no relation with Unicat

Deleted Member 183

I heard that this was going to happen several months ago from the person that "arranged" to get the 5500's over to Europe for Unicat... but was asked to "keep my trap shut".

I'd sure hate to be trying to build/ sell "adventure campers" in the US right now. This could be a major "game changer"!

lucilius

I heard that this was going to happen several months ago from the person that "arranged" to get the 5500's over to Europe for Unicat... but was asked to "keep my trap shut".

I'd sure hate to be trying to build/ sell "adventure campers" in the US right now. This could be a major "game changer"!
It will be great if/when they figure out how to ship the box to the US and have a small factory that puts them on Ram 5500 outfitted with Unicat's TBD offroad package....any idea if they are going to use steel springs, airbags or liquid springs on these? Good for everyone. Likely to raise the bar and hopefully shows what can be done to lower both the vehicle weights and prices on this class of rig. My main concerns if buying a new rig today would be fully loaded weight and just too many unnecessary, expensive and unreliable gadgets/options....and for this UNICAT I would add to that how much of a snow/ice load the lifting roof can handle.

jeno

I am glad he said in the video that they as always care for even weight distribution. That seems like something overlooked by some of the US camper manufacturers.

Edit: He actually said "center of gravity". The above was my interpretation.

Last edited:
Reactions: mog

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
This will play in a different league. Can’t compare with anything currently sold in North America. Most likely also to a “better” price point where you don’t feel getting ripped off. If I could swing it, I would buy a Unicat (even a 20 year old one) in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Steve_382

Not a big fan of the rear entry. And timing wise, I probably won't live long enough to be able to get one. Ha.

jeno

I think the rear entry is to make room for water and batteries as far forward as possible for weight distribution. The alternative would have been a side entry behind the back wheel.

gdaut

Likely to raise the bar and hopefully shows what can be done to lower both the vehicle weights and prices on this class of rig.
I am not sure this raises the bar on lower vehicle weights. A quick google search indicates a RAM 3500 has a curb weight of around 7600 pounds and a GWVR of 19,500 pounds. Unicat says this rig has a payload of 3 - 3.5 tons, so 7000 pounds max. That puts the added weight of the camper and other mods (suspension and bumpers, etc) at about 5,000 pounds (or 6,000 if the payload is only 3 tons). That does not seem light.

As for prices, we will have to see.

But, it is a good sign that European manufacturers are starting to make units importable into the US and on a chassis that is designed for North America and serviceable in North America.

jaywo

Why are people on this thread saying this will be at a lower price point than the competition? The Storyteller GVX is $450K with similar specs including a fully decked out RAM 5500 on liquid springs.
Will this be significantly below? Their trucks sell for 700K to 1.5M so I am not sure to understand how could this version be cheap all of a sudden.

gregmchugh

Observer
Why are people on this thread saying this will be at a lower price point than the competition? The Storyteller GVX is $450K with similar specs including a fully decked out RAM 5500 on liquid springs.
Will this be significantly below? Their trucks sell for 700K to 1.5M so I am not sure to understand how could this version be cheap all of a sudden.
The $400k - $500k price range has become the bottom end of the expedition truck market on the 550/5500 chassis. AdvMobil, Storyteller, and now we might expect Unicat in this range. EarthCruiser has models in this price range on the lower GVWR Isuzu chassis. If Unicat could come in below $400k it would be a welcome entry providing a high quality product at an attractive price. With the large price increases across the board in the the last few years it is time for someone to come in with a quality product at a more attractive price.

jaywo

Instead of speculating I ended up contacting them and they answered almost immediately. The price is about 1.2 Million depending on options. No surprise really when considering the price of their big trucks.

Lol at the previous comments that made me hope for a reasonable price :). I still don’t get how anyone expected a lower price than the competition.

They already sold several slots (all their production for 2024 actually) and are taking orders for 2025. Good luck all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online