Unicat Brilliant "smaller" for class 5 chassis (4x4 Dodge/GM/Ford-6x6 Gwagons/Toyota)

gregmchugh

Observer
Instead of speculating I ended up contacting them and they answered almost immediately. The price is about 1.2 Million depending on options. No surprise really when considering the price of their big trucks.

Lol at the previous comments that made me hope for a reasonable price :). I still don’t get how anyone expected a lower price than the competition.

They already sold several slots (all their production for 2024 actually) and are taking orders for 2025. Good luck all!

That is simply crazy but they seem to be able to keep selling into the high price market with no incentive to move into other markets.

lucilius

$1.2m is a decent bit of money for a camper on a Ram 5500/F550 4x4, esp. based on what is currently familiar and built in the US. There is always a niche and often a manufacturer capable enough to exploit it. We can hope that this will raise the bar of what is possible on those chassis and we see some new capabilities at a minimum. Personally, I am interested to see what they do with the suspension and also keeping the weight down.

Deleted Member 183

WOW! That is expensive! At that price it makes me wonder if the truck/ camper is "detachabel" so that the can both be placed in a 40' shipping can. Then easily re-assembled at the owners international port of choice?!?!

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
WOW! That is expensive! At that price it makes me wonder if the truck/ camper is "detachabel" so that the can both be placed in a 40' shipping can. Then easily re-assembled at the owners international port of choice?!?!

I have no idea how this would be possible at a foreign port... We ship a lot of goods around the globe and finding unloading facilities with the right equipment on hand is insanely difficult. Can't imagine trying to do this in a country I'm not familiar with. I would rather book a platform container or go RoRo.

gregmchugh

Observer
This will play in a different league. Can’t compare with anything currently sold in North America. Most likely also to a “better” price point where you don’t feel getting ripped off. If I could swing it, I would buy a Unicat (even a 20 year old one) in a heartbeat.
Okay, is $1,200,000 a price point where you don’t feel like you are getting ripped off? :)

jaywo

Okay, is $1,200,000 a price point where you don’t feel like you are getting ripped off? :)
Right?! Haha. It‘s a lot worst than a rip off at this point. It’s a way for people with F-U money to say they bought the most expensive 12ft box on the planet, just because they can. It’s beyond ridiculous.

Kudos to Unicat owners for exploiting this and make F-U money themselves.

I am in the wrong line of business for sure.

Last edited:

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
First--I had no idea about the sales price. Was just guessing based on previous vehicles they build and compared with typical "high end" Expo brands in USA.
In any case, it's certainly not something most of us can purchase easily. Still nice to see innovation and something new!

gregmchugh

Observer
First--I had no idea about the sales price. Was just guessing based on previous vehicles they build and compared with typical "high end" Expo brands in USA.
In any case, it's certainly not something most of us can purchase easily. Still nice to see innovation and something new!
I was surprised by the price. I was hoping they were making an attempt to bring out a high quality product at a competitive price in the smaller expedition truck space. If you can fill your production capacity with high profit/high priced units then not much incentive to do that.

Roverchef

Adventurer
Who in their "right mind" thought that one of the top euro outfitters was gonna try and compete for pricing with all these "slap a box on the back" builds popping up?
Other than Krug...Unicat is its own competition and will never need to bend over to make sales.

gregmchugh

Observer
Who in their "right mind" thought that one of the top euro outfitters was gonna try and compete for pricing with all these "slap a box on the back" builds popping up?
Other than Krug...Unicat is its own competition and will never need to bend over to make sales.
Not all of them are “slap a box on the back of a truck”. AdvMobil has the box built by BoxManufaktur and shipped over for installation and completion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior