Upcountry's 07' Tacoma - Weekend Warrior Build - Work In Progress

upcountry

Explorer
Carseats in Second Gen Double Cab

I have seen some questions floating around om this forum about how well two forward facing car seats fit in the second gen double cab.

Here's a couple pics.

IMG_20120305_164659.jpg

IMG_20120305_164705.jpg

IMG_20120305_164646.jpg

Its tight but works fine.

I'm 6'3" so I keep the seat almost all the way back making it tight for my 2 year old daughter.

upcountry

Explorer
ARB Fridge freezer

Just got back from the Zion of 4x4 parts......ARB warehouse in Renton, WA.

Look what I picked up at will-call(thanks Kurt/Cruiser Outfitters):

:IMG_20120308_122125.jpg

Had a good chat with one of the staff about front and rear driveline vibes in second gen tacos.

upcountry

Explorer
It must be fun to "just cruise down to ARB" and pick up a fridge! Great build.:sombrero:

Yeah, one of the benefits of living in Seattle.

Although, I would trade the rain anyday for some nice New Mexico sun! I am hoping to make it to New Mexico this fall.

upcountry

Explorer
I'll be interested in your mounting solution - I'm sure it will be novel if any of your previous work is an indication!

Thanks! Too bad I am not really that creative and have relied on the craftiness of others on this forum and desing engineering of outfits like ARB, AllPro, and Badland Bumpers! They desing it, I just bolt it on. I have not ventured too far off the beaten path.

Now you on the other hand have swirved fairly far off the beaten path with the SAC!

upcountry

Explorer
well what did they say about the driveline vibes?!

The guy I was talking to said they recently had some issues with driveline vibes (rear) on a 2012 Tacoma, after installing OME 885s and Dakar Packs for a dealership, their was a bad vibe from the rear driveline (what many of us have been complaining about and working to resolve). He said Toyota put a whole new driveline on the truck, still had a vibe.

I mentioned the thread on Tacoma World ( http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/153050-just-fixed-driveline-vibration-free.html ) and the concept of rotating the carrier bearing, he said he would look at that thread. He said they are looking in to another way to drop the carrier bearing.

I also brought up the front driveline vibe that has been discussed extensively on Tacoma World ( see post #68 @ http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...-differential-bearing-vibration-thread-4.html ). He was unaware if the ARB assembly would fix the problem. Since mine is getting worse, I will be contacting East Coast Gear Supply to see what the status is on the supposed "fix".

aikane

Observer
Wow, stuffing the rear bumper on that uphill. How do you like the dimensions of the 2nd gen Tacos? I have a '09 dbl. cab as well, while there's a lot of interior space, I feel the overall dimensions hinder the trucks off road abilities. I am seriously considering replacing it with a 1st gen dbl cab.

upcountry

Explorer
Wow, stuffing the rear bumper on that uphill. How do you like the dimensions of the 2nd gen Tacos? I have a '09 dbl. cab as well, while there's a lot of interior space, I feel the overall dimensions hinder the trucks off road abilities. I am seriously considering replacing it with a 1st gen dbl cab.

Yep. I was surprised. That hill is down the street from my house and I wanted to see what the clearance was after bumper install. Front is good, back is okay but as you can see........

Hill is a little steeper than it looks but I agree witb your statement.

java

Expedition Leader
That's exactly why you replaced the stock one with a beefy steel one. Drag it on whatever! IMO a bit of extra interior room is sometimes worth the trade off.

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Great thread...
I am often tempted to sell my tacoma and go retro (think syncro westy) but I know the cool factor might wear off too soon...

upcountry

Explorer
Yes, that is where I came from - a Syncro Weekender. I just got sick of the lack of power and the electrical gremlins. But, I LOVED the space!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears