Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

KellyM

Adventurer
That's great info- thank you both. I think adding a ladder to the outside will be massively helpful. Also, I wasn't sure where to put the Maxtrax since they mount on my current roof rack- putting them up top is a great idea. It sounds silly on an "expedition vehicle" but the ability to fit in a garage is a big deal. Plus, I like that the J30 is otherwise "just a top." This is really helping my decision.

I'm in the South Bay area of LA County. Let me know if you want to see a J30 again.

joelbert

Adventurer
The nice thing about a RTT is that it can be moved from the vehicle if something bad happens to the vehicle or also to a trailer in the future if that helps.

Quiettime

This is a great thread, thanks very much to everyone who posted.

I am thinking about this JUK/J30 setup as a way to live and travel. But I would be using it year round, every day. It is just me as a solo traveler. Is anyone out there doing that?

I realize that there are more comfortable rigs to live out of. Unfortunately most of them won't get me where I want to go.

Who has the most nights in the J30?

Thanks!

Quiettime

I definitely follow Dan but he's sort of just getting going with the JUK/J30 setup. It sounds like he loves it so far. I do look forward to when he writes more about his long term usage.

Thanks.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Hi All,

I'm up to about 100 nights now, something like 30 was my longest consecutive stretch (sometimes it's nice to stay in a cheap hotel to get laundry done etc.)

I'm absolutely loving it so far, it's by far the biggest alteration I made to the Jeep that changes it from just a vehicle into an actual house I can live in.

In the next month or so I'll write a "100 nights review" of the J30, hopefully expo will run it.
I plan to list all the pros and cons I've come up with, and why I think it's so amazing.

jeep-camping-gorges-du-dades-720x480.jpg

-Dan

PS I'm upstairs in my J30 right now typing this.

Quiettime

Thanks Don and Dan. I appreciate it!

Great photos Don.

Dan your adventure looks amazing. I look forward to reading the 100 night review.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears