Utah Freezeout

Saline

Adventurer
My wife and I took a short trip across the border into Utah after New years. We headed to one of our usual spots above the Colorado River. It's a large area of slickrock that has awesome views and rarely has anyone around, even during the summer. We were a tad surprised to find over 1 ft of snow there and really wished we would have brought our snowshoes. The overnight low got down to -9 and by sunup it was -6. We were toasty in the van with the furnace running but our water lines froze, even with the cabinet doors open. The scenery was incredible! For those familiar with the area this is above Cisco Landing. The Mtns. visible in a few of the photos are the La Sal's.

Last edited:

Moody

Needs to get out more
Nice! Breaking trail and all...I'm convinced that some of us need trips like this to keep us sane. I need the desert. Thanks for helping me through this hour with your photos.

BorregoWrangler

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Cool pictures! Makes me cold just looking at them! I don't run into much of that white stuff around here. If I'm ever breaking trail, its mud.

ywen

Explorer
sweet pictures man! I was in SE Utah from Christmas to just before NYE.. Experienced the 1st couple days of the snow storm that came through the area before NYE. Then spent NYE in Dillon, CO where the temperature was -18 with a -40 wind chill.. LOL

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Awesome! -9 is cold man.. we did -18 in our Sportsmobile and the biggest lesson i learned was don't pop the top... it lets the heat out!

Thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12