Utility trailer (removeable camper mod)

sgiandubh

Observer
Nice! That looks to be a good, solid solution. I'm looking for a low profile option for my camper. I'll have to see if I could get those to work for may application.

dcollier32

Adventurer
IMG_0516.JPG
IMG_0517.JPG
IMG_0518.JPG
IMG_0519.JPG

As you can see, I have gotten more done. But I am a lot further than this, it got dark on me before I could get pictures. The roof is now plywood. The front wall is totally enclosed now, just got to make some adjustments to the angle piece, and it will be done. I trimmed out the roof line in 1x2's too, so there is a small over hang, hopefully water will not find it's way in...

Tomorrow's list of things to accomplish.
1- Frame & plywood a door
2- Make some adjustments to the angled plywood piece
3- Finish cutting the wood for the trailer rail enclosure

After all that, it will be tape & glue process for all the seams... Yippy :clapsmile

Last edited:

dcollier32

Adventurer
It's not as heavy as I thought. I am still able to pick up the tongue of the trailer and move it around with no problems

over45

looking forward to your progress. thinking of doing something similar. what size is your trailer and what is the axle rated for? tks

dcollier32

Adventurer
No windows?

Yes, just haven't gotten them yet.. I wanted to get the major fabrication done first, plus I'm gonna have to special order the size windows I want, from Home Depot. They don't have them in store

Last edited:

dcollier32

Adventurer
Updates... Fabrication pretty much complete
IMG_0523.JPG
IMG_0525.JPG
IMG_0527.JPG
IMG_0526.JPG

This is what I made to screw the sides onto the trailer under the rails
IMG_0530.JPG

Taking it for a test run
IMG_0529.JPG

dcollier32

Adventurer
That's good to hear on the weight. How how do you plan to side it?

No siding... I'm going to paint it with about 2-3 coats of Rust-Oleum's PROFESSIONAL High Performance Protective Enamel

I have used this paint a lot and it holds up well... It's an Oil-Based paint.

I'm thinking about painting the sides safety yellow, and white on the top to match my FJ... What's y'alls thoughts?

dcollier32

Adventurer
Looking good! I'm liking it. What is your plan for the process of removing it?

Jack it up on the inside then slide 4x4 posts under it on saw horses then drive out from underneath. That's the idea anyway. Haven't tried it yet to see if it'll work or not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears