Vagabond Outdoors Drifter

crazysccrmd

Observer
I’m sure you guys are smart enough to make sure you have Phil’s permission to go in there and get the campers. Having the building owner open the door and taking the campers would likely constitute theft even though we know the likelihood of the camper being completed and delivered is extremely low.

robgendreau

Explorer
I'm not a bankruptcy lawyer but I doubt those campers on the floor in a state of construction are "yours." Any more than that F150 you ordered on the line in Detroit is yours. It's under the control of a trustee if in bankruptcy, and breaking in to take it could be construed as commercial burglary. That I do know having done a lot of criminal law right nearby. The basic point of bankruptcy is an orderly dispersal of assets to satisfy debts, and self-help runs counter to that and might not be viewed kindly.

But I certainly sympathize. I'd consult an attorney first. There could be a bunch of consequences, many ugly.

Spencer for Hire

I'm not a bankruptcy lawyer but I doubt those campers on the floor in a state of construction are "yours." Any more than that F150 you ordered on the line in Detroit is yours. It's under the control of a trustee if in bankruptcy, and breaking in to take it could be construed as commercial burglary. That I do know having done a lot of criminal law right nearby. The basic point of bankruptcy is an orderly dispersal of assets to satisfy debts, and self-help runs counter to that and might not be viewed kindly.

But I certainly sympathize. I'd consult an attorney first. There could be a bunch of consequences, many ugly.
Where does it say they filed bankruptcy?

slomatt

Adventurer
I’m sure you guys are smart enough to make sure you have Phil’s permission to go in there and get the campers. Having the building owner open the door and taking the campers would likely constitute theft even though we know the likelihood of the camper being completed and delivered is extremely low.

+1 This would introduce considerable legal risk for both the person picking up the camper and also the building owner, unless the building owner has permission from Phil to release the campers.

CrewCabCaddy

Consideration/notification must be given to exhaust all options for voluntary opening of the shop doors...in avoidance of theft charges...
there is no intention of harm.

CrewCabCaddy

Great input from Mr. Nobody (love that username by the way)...
I am also working in the Facebook Vagabond group on this same process/attempt, via my wife's (M. Brewer) Facebook account
There are two folks making calls, attempting to find a key to open the doors, so we are not "breaking and entering" per se.
Also there is attempt at getting to Phil via any back door of communication possible, but, with absolutely no negatives on Phil, I don't think he will be able to communicate with anyone for legal reasons.
Here I reiterate, I am not currently interested in pursuing any legal action against Vagabond/Phil.
I'm just trying to get the campers that are on the floor to their rightful owners.

Simply, for now:
1. We need to know how many campers there are on the floor and who the owners are, so we can communicate directly with owners.
Anyone with a camper please text me at the phone number above, or private message me here or via the M. Brewer postings on the Vagabond facebook page
I've had one person from this thread text me already, that works great, and probably set up a group text once we have some folks together.
2. We need a key to open the door
3. We need a date/time to be at the door

I can be there within 24 hours and I have a trailer onto which I could load 2 more campers for holding/delivery for owners.
the other person who texted me also is in Washington near me...

It's a small chance, but all I've got...so need help to make this happens, but can only help each other if we get onto one group text/email/calling...
#1 complete, likely 9 camper shells in shop, but two known owners not contacted yet and two camper shells in the shop with no known owners...
Would like to hear from Matt C. and Thomas M. and from two other who might know they have partial camper shell in the shop.
#2 looking for direct or indirect support. DM/PM or call/text to 206.595.7481
#3 preferred date being discussed amongst known owners of existing shells

mac_dillon

It has been a wile since I’ve attempted to reach out to Vagabond but I figured it was time again to throw a Hail Mary. I just tried calling the shop # and the cell # I had for Phil. The shop number seems to no longer be in service and his cell no longer has his old recording…

If anyone wants the back Nomad panel from my camper, I'm going to be pulling it off here soon. In SoCal. Will only fit Nomad, installs pretty easily. The last one they'll ever have made unfortunately.

Attachments

• 2L7A7451.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
  • 2L7A7511.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
We were able to pick up our Drifter, but since we didn't think this day would ever come we have decided to go another route and now need to sell our Drifter. If you are looking for one and have a short-bed Tacoma or Frontier, dm me. It is complete except for canvas, and that is super easy to arrange through Canvas Works. I'm hoping to get $7500, located in SW Utah and willing to travel within reason.

Attachments

• IMG_9351.jpeg
    IMG_9351.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 48
We were able to pick up our Drifter, but since we didn't think this day would ever come we have decided to go another route and now need to sell our Drifter. If you are looking for one and have a short-bed Tacoma or Frontier, dm me. It is complete except for canvas, and that is super easy to arrange through Canvas Works. I'm hoping to get $7500, located in SW Utah and willing to travel within reason.
How were you able to able to pick up your camper, late to the forum here. I believe I have a camper complete or nearly complete there now, I'm Thomas M. referenced above by crewcabdaddy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior