Vandetta

nely

Adventurer
Same with my vents. The intake is the huge vent in the very back. I wonder if they revised it. Mines a 96 and isnt yours kralwers a 97?
Or maybe were all right. The flapper inside that diverts air and heat probably sucks the air into the heater core from the rear vent, then blows it out the bottom. When switched to a/c it sucks it from the lower vents that where used to blow heat and sends it out the top vents.
Hmmm ima check at lunch
Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Toolman

Explorer
MY BADDD

I never even turned on the rear heater.
That was entirely wishful thinking on my part.. You guys are right. I thought that was an A/C intake... ooops.

I have to figure out how to route the heater duct now as well as the A/C.. Sorry bout that. I would have found out way to late.

Well I got my T-Case today.

Last edited:

nely

Adventurer
Haha no problem. Congrats on the tcase. I found mine at a pick-ur-part on a half off day. Im gonna send it out and have it gone thru b4 install.
Who are you using for drivelines and stuff? More importantly, where are you getting your tanked shortened at? The radiator shop we use for cleaning our tanks seemed a lil iffy when I asked them to modify mine.

Toolman

Explorer
I'm going to use Powertrain Industries, in Gardena for the drive shafts. They built me a drive shaft for my Jeep and it's holding up very good.

Gas tank welding will be done by a local welding shop. (around the corner from my house) He said they would fill the tank with argon and weld it up, give it a quick pressure test and I'll be on my way. If I can get it pulled out on Sunday I'll take it over and have it done this week. Gear Guy is coming to the house to install the rear ARB and 410's this week so that will be out of my way and I can finish the install on the air tank and run the ARB lines forward.

I got the transmission extension housing from a Ford Technician that he had laying under his work bench $0.00 and the tail shaft was $35. It should be in today around 10 AM. The big decision to make now is if I should upgrade the plates in the tranny and the torque converter to a bigger one. I found a company called TCI out of Mississippi that makes some beefy stuff for that transmission and their parts come highly recommended.. Just not sure if I want to dump the extra $$ into it or not. It doesn't seem like I'll be towing any seriously heavy loads so I may not need it. None of the other companies do anything but convert the Trans to a 4X4 output. But then again, that's why I'm doing this myself.
Chris assured me I would have my axle ready to install for the weekend of the 15th of January. So I have my work cut out for me.
The plan is to install the front axle, front/rear springs, and wheel adapters drive it for a bit like that. Pull the trans have it converted. Reinstall trans, T case, have the front and rear drive shaft made. Install the rear drive shaft, drive to the muffler shop. Cut off the exhaust, install front drive shaft and make the exhaust fit around all the new components.

Seems pretty easy right..

nely

Adventurer
Sounds like you got everything planned out great. I should be doing about the same with swappin axle in and lift middle of jan. Still need a rear axle, rims tirws and other stuff. Do you have a contact for your welding shop? Im in long beach and will drive to the welder to have him do my tank

Toolman

Explorer
What axle are you going to use ? I found them at a wrecking yard in Corona for about $750 Dana 60's and Dana 50's

I sent you a PM about the welder.

nely

Adventurer
I got my front axle. 2 actually. A dana 50 that needs a complete rebuild and the 60 im running is good used. I spent 700 on both axles. Later ill go gears and lockers.
Im looking for a superduty sterling rear axle. I dont wanna run spacers if possible. Im on a really tight budget so its slow going. I sold my 2b trail rig to buy the ujoint kit. And piece parts lil and lil each month

Toolman

Explorer
Here's an update :

This past new years weekend I managed to install the wheel well boxes that will support my bed and turn into a dinette. I mounted the angle metal around the windows for the day-night shades and the rear overhead storage is ready for design and install. I have the galley laid out how I want it and I set up the Trax system in the floor for tie down applications. Also figured out how to install the new headliner and interior without using sheet metal screws. I'm going to be using nut-serts which are much like a rivet however they are threaded and I'll be able to R&R the interior as needed and never wear out the holes in the body of the van. Upon final installation I'll thread lock all the screws in so that they never rattle loose. For christmas I received a gift card to 4WP which I used to purchase a powder coated billet grill which is installed.

Pictures to follow

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Another update..... ARB is installed as well as half of the Dynatrac Free Spin Kit! The axle will be finished tomorrow.

168049_1760991943142_1189359345_32025055_3388360_n.jpg

Toolman

Explorer
AAAH Yaaa !!!

Can't wait til it's mounted. Picking up my springs tomorrow.

Progress. A little everyday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior