Wedco Water Cans

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
What is happening with Wedco water cans?

Will they be available soon?

I have heard the lid will be bigger...why did they do this?

Any sources for old stock?

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Found a pic of old versus new. Good luck finding a spout. There are some German Mililitary cans that have mouths like these and spouts are non existent.

widemouthwatercan.JPG

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
I have a source for NOS, but none are blue color if that's what your after. After so many years, why the change in the mouth i wonder. With so much surplus i won't waste my money on new anyhow.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
What is happening with Wedco water cans?

Will they be available soon?

I have heard the lid will be bigger...why did they do this?

Any sources for old stock?

Not sure when the new water cans will be available. As far as the old style goes, I have searched around a fair bit and can not find any more, I think they are gone.

roadkill

Adventurer
perhaps they had to change the mouth to avoid any possible conflict (lawsuits) with the CARB cans. it looks too close to the gas cans and those spouts could be used and the water can becomes a gas can. I guess its kinda like the pre/post ban guns, you have to make the post ban cans unable to use the pre ban parts.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
The water cans have been out of stock since the beginning of the summer.

The Plastic Group, who owns the WEDCO brand did not place orders with their suppliers to produce any more of the cans.

The reason we heard was that their was a problem with the food grade plastic liner, and they had taken the can off the market so they could redesign it.

Looks like they may have done this.

If the can has a larger mouth I'm sure WEDCO will be introducing a new spout to match it.

cowboy4x4

Explorer
I have two of the older water style cans and after a year the liner was showing rust spots. I like the cans but the quality of the liner sucks. I keep water in mine 24/7/365 as emergency supply. I would like to have the cans redone on the inside.

Martyn

I have some of the old style water cans, do you know what the problem with the liner was?

Sorry I have no idea what the issue was with the liner.

Nothing was ever officially said, it's just something I heard time and time again.

Mitchss

Observer
Has anyone heard if/when the Scepter water cans will continue to be available? Looking for the half size 10L. Have found them in sand color, but the OD is out of stock, everywhere!

Martyn

Has anyone heard if/when the Scepter water cans will continue to be available? Looking for the half size 10L. Have found them in sand color, but the OD is out of stock, everywhere!

I spoke with the reps from Scepter at the aftermarket show in Vegas. Scepter has not intention at this time of re entering the US market with their military grade equipment.

GeoTracker90

Adventurer
I spoke with the reps from Scepter at the aftermarket show in Vegas. Scepter has not intention at this time of re entering the US market with their military grade equipment.

Do you know if the Scepter products are still available in somewhere such as Canada? Just wondering. I too would like to find some decent water cans, and it would be nice to have the 10L option as well.

Mike

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader

i guess i should go buy all those surplus scepters before they're all gone...:)

Something

Adventurer
send an email to
info@adventuretrailers.com

I did that inquiring about their can holders and got a prompt response that they will be in-stock next month and I'm on the preorder list for two of them.

Also looks like they have spouts in-stock currently but no water cans.

good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78

Members online