Wedco Water Cans

MaddBaggins

Explorer
send an email to
info@adventuretrailers.com

I did that inquiring about their can holders and got a prompt response that they will be in-stock next month and I'm on the preorder list for two of them.

Also looks like they have spouts in-stock currently but no water cans.

good luck

The guy a couple posts above, named Martyn, is with Adventure Trailers.

BrigadeQM.com is selling the Scepter water cans.

spressomon

Expedition Leader

luk4mud

Explorer
My Aqua-tainer tastes like blue plastic, but I actually prefer that flavor to the garden hose water flavor that would otherwise be present in my supply. Only the best for my family ....

meach4x4

I'm not surprised to hear that the food grade coating in the Wedco water cans has problems, as I have experienced it first hand.

I have a Wedco water can and spout. I bought them 3 years ago, and never used them until last year. After just a few days out on the trail, I noticed brown rust spots around the neck of the spout. After a week on the trail, I poured water from the can, and it was noticeably brown and smelled of rust.

I contacted the distributor I bought it from, and they replied "The can is metal, and metal rusts. There is no guarantee it won't rust." He went on to say that he dries them out each time he uses them. Since mine was dry when I bought it, and rusted within a few days of having water in it, I cannot see where drying it out after each use has any value to a user who is on the trail for extended periods of time.

So, I spent about $65 for a can an spout that are useless to me.

I tried contacting another distributor, to see if there was any solution or way to recoat the can. No answer from them. Since I know they monitor this forum, I would really like to hear if there is any contact info at Wedco. So far I have not been able to find any.

UNI

Adventurer
About eight months ago I talked with Wedco. Customer Service said, they were waiting for a shipment of (Metal) Blue Jerry Water Cans from Russia. About a month ago I followed up with Wedco, I was told they had received they're shipment of cans and spouts. I also talked with Robert with Overland Trailers and I believe he has received a pallet of the water cans, you might want to give Robert a shout to see if he has any available.

Click Here: Overland Trailers

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998