Weldtec Design 2WD Bent I-Beam Lift for E350 (E series vans)

radorsch

Adventurer
In regards to the gearing change, I'm thinking of doing the same thing for my E350 with 5.4l. My main motivation is to keep the van from downshifting out of OD so often. It seems like at cruise my van is below the power band, and a change in axle ratio would help out the big girl. Did you notice the same problem and was there an improvement with the gear change?

I think the gearing change was worth it. Before, the van felt heavier after going to a 285/75. Now, there is a little more pep (if you can call an E350 peppy). I notice it in smoother/more fluid shifts. I probably notice it most at lower speeds, but there is an improvement up to about 65mph. Around 65, the benefit isn't as noticeable. I didn't really have a problem with it dropping out of OD at highway speeds on flat stuff and I usually flip OD off on steeper hills where this would be a problem. At high speeds (above 75) I'm noticing decreased performance - slight, but noticeable. Luckily, I rarely dive 80+... but driving out I70 in Utah, trying to hold 85, the van seemed to struggle a bit more.
Overall, however, it is more of an improvement that I thought it would be and I'm glad I did it.

Petrolburner

Explorer
Pulled the trigger on the stage 1 kit from WeldTecDesigns with Fox Shocks all around. I have basically new, aggressive ties in the stock size. I'll see how it looks but planning to stay with the 245/75-16

normal_dave

waytoomuchwritinginposts.
Great!

We'll be patiently awaiting your build report...no pressure of course, but before and after pics with measurements would be awesome.

fjefman

Reviving this thread. Anybody have any new updates to share on the Weldtec lift kits? PetrolBurner, how are you getting along with this kit? Any additional update from you Radorsch?

Jeff

Reviving this thread. Anybody have any new updates to share on the Weldtec lift kits? PetrolBurner, how are you getting along with this kit? Any additional update from you Radorsch?

Jeff

i have their 4 inch kit, along with agile fox shocks, fox steering dampener, and their add-a-leaf kit, and the springs got re arched as well.

no problems, soaks up the lumps, and rides much better than stock.

jblaze5779

Observer
Had my lift on for about 10 months now. Overall I'm happy but I get tire rub in the front fenders and my rear wheels aren't exactly centered in the wheel well. I also need to buy some rear wheel spacers because on trails my rear tires rub the inside of the wheel well ( have the weldtec long travel springs).

Rides pretty good on the roads but was a ***** to align (that might be the shops fault though).

I do wish the front wheels were pushed further forward as there is plenty of room in the wheel well ahead of the wheel but barely any behind the wheel. I did have to take a sawzall and trim the fender behind the wheel on each side.

Support did fall off post purchase. I called a couple times and was able to get the info I needed pretty easily. I had some follow up emails about the fender rubbing but never received any response.

REDOVAL

Adventurer
Had my lift on for about 10 months now. Overall I'm happy but I get tire rub in the front fenders and my rear wheels aren't exactly centered in the wheel well. I also need to buy some rear wheel spacers because on trails my rear tires rub the inside of the wheel well ( have the weldtec long travel springs).

Rides pretty good on the roads but was a ***** to align (that might be the shops fault though).

I do wish the front wheels were pushed further forward as there is plenty of room in the wheel well ahead of the wheel but barely any behind the wheel. I did have to take a sawzall and trim the fender behind the wheel on each side.

Support did fall off post purchase. I called a couple times and was able to get the info I needed pretty easily. I had some follow up emails about the fender rubbing but never received any response.

I sent you a PM

Scott

REDOVAL

Adventurer
I have had the Complete Performance kit on my van for the past year now and it is a fantastic addition! The kit, including the rear springs and Agile tuned Fox 2.0 shocks, allows for a really fun offroad rig that will shock you with its capabilities!

To address the concerns in the post above, the current springs being shipped allow the rear wheel to be centered in the wheel well. It is very important though to mention the amount of lift needed and whether or not you plan to run the stock lift blocks (Quigley). I verified this last month when I installed a set on the Zombie Van long term project with excellent results. The location of the front wheels is limited slightly by the beams crossing one another and contacting. I added a spacer to the radius arm mounts and the fiberglass fenders Weldtec sells to my personal van and they help a bunch.

Don't hesitate to buy this kit....very worth the money! Also, don't overlook the Weldtec front bumpers. They are very strong and functional and lighter than they look.

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics

radorsch

Adventurer

Jeff

I put about 4k mi on the van laśt August on a family road trip out to MT, WY and UT. Still loving the van in general, and the suspension in particular! I do need to redo my rear springs, though... My lift predates the current Weldtec rear end upgrades. I just rearched the springs and dropped the overload leaf. I find that it's great when lightly loaded, but on longer trips, with all our gear, the springs flatten out and the ride suffers in the rear. I could probably use some of Agile's Fox shocks too. But those complaints are minor and aren't related to the work Jeremy did on the front end, which is still working great after 15k mi. A HUGE upgrade, even if you never take the van off pavement - essential, if you do.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
ford van suspension by Weldtec Designs

Sorry that i did not get back to you about the issues you were having, definitely not on purpose! There are some ways to cheat your wheels forward more if you want, the drivers side dictates how much that is possible. Please give me a call and i would be more then happy to go over it with you, and can get you the necessary parts at no cost.
As far as the wheels rubbing in the rear, that can be an issue depending on wheel offset and tire size but an easy fix with wheel spacers also. We can get you those if your need.
Once again we are really sorry you feel like you did not get the same support post purchase, our goal is to make sure you are more then just satisfied.
Jeremy

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Ford E-series van suspension lift kits

Always fun reading through this older thread. I really want to give a BIG thanks to you guys for supporting our shop. We are continuously tweaking parts to improve them and have a lot of great things in the works. Until then, here are a couple of vans that we recently lifted with this kit.

This is 2 6" kits:

This is a good comparison pic to show you side by side the deference between the 6" an d the 4" kit.

Thanks for watching and please let us know if you have any questions.

grampswrx

Observer
I wanted to thank Jeremy for the good work he did on my van. It looks and rides amazing!

ca548d4ae66671e3f15e1f03703dc05f.jpg

4" lift. Riding on 265/75/16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle