Wet Carpet after driving through a puddle

raysobi

Adventurer
Welp I changed my mind.

My kids ride my truck from time to time and it is molding really bad.

New carpet on its way, it has to be done after all.
0299ca82ff9cf42347cc74f65646f1e8.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Doing_Dirt

Welp I changed my mind.

My kids ride my truck from time to time and it is molding really bad.

New carpet on its way, it has to be done after all.
0299ca82ff9cf42347cc74f65646f1e8.png

Thats not a bad price for carpet. It would be nice if they made a rubber kit that fits the same.

AZPAJERO

Observer
Apparently yes, also you can pay more for softer materials. But I pick the basic one; I will let you guy know how it turnout.

Subscribing as I'm in the market for new carpet. I'm tired of trying to convince myself that the gear oil "smell" is getting better :mad:

raysobi

Adventurer
Have you checked your heater core for leaks? Or...

I had similar symptoms with my CJ7, and discovered the floorboards had rusted through. I didn't catch what vehicle you're driving,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am bumping my old thread, after sealing the whole, water still coming in some how and it has been no rain. I really think at this point it might be a heater core issue.

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
Are you losing coolant? Put a piece of tape on your reservoir when cold to mark the level, then check it in a few days.

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
I’ll let someone else also chime in here, but maybe you can bypass the heater core under the hood by making the line just do a u-turn right back into engine. Then drive for a while, see if carpet stays dry and coolant level stays the same. Then you’ll know for sure, but you’ve already told me enough to start the heater core job.

raysobi

Adventurer
I’ll let someone else also chime in here, but maybe you can bypass the heater core under the hood by making the line just do a u-turn right back into engine. Then drive for a while, see if carpet stays dry and coolant level stays the same. Then you’ll know for sure, but you’ve already told me enough to start the heater core job.

Salonica,

Living in Texas it never get super cold so heater was never an issue. By doing what you told me, I won’t have a heater correct?

raysobi

Adventurer
68dfbcfa90c1eedec73b535da73fdafb.jpg

Got my parts for the bypass surgical procedure

2d9f3e849b66731f0b6191d020de6793.jpg

In let and out let hose location to Heater Core

0a5bd5b860174c7a5f089a5ec5ec55af.jpg

Final product. Not pretty but we’ll see. I ended up cut the hoses.

918b6841d47154949b5422d8efa01d2c.jpg
af063c758e066179293afb1d26feabbd.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan