What 32-33" Tires are you running on your JKU?

JKU87

Adventurer
Your Jeep looks great!

I'm planning on putting these on my stock '15 JKUR and was curious of your impressions after your trip and some miles. Have you had a chance to take it off road yet? I'm hoping there is enough clearance to handle the additional ~1/2 inch of radius when the sway bar is disconnected.

My 2 cents -

I've stated this before but I run the ST Maxx in 255/80/17 on my JKU. Had them aired down to 16psi when I went overlanding throughout Vermont over the summer. Tires worked amazing in mud, dirt, rocks, etc. and I recommend them to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjjohn

I lurk more than post but thought I would give my input on this. My STOCK JKU Sahara with the Bridgestone Duelers went EVERYWHERE a friends JKU with 35" Toyo MTs. But, that was here in California and on local trails. but I did have them in snow and they did very well......... I was very surprised, as were several others.

Mass_Mopar

Don't Litter
Your Jeep looks great!

I'm planning on putting these on my stock '15 JKUR and was curious of your impressions after your trip and some miles. Have you had a chance to take it off road yet? I'm hoping there is enough clearance to handle the additional ~1/2 inch of radius when the sway bar is disconnected.

So far so good. I loaded the jeep up heavy last weekend to test out my setup. Tires did well aired down to the low 20's, but I stuck to easy trails so I certainly didn't max out my articulation. I didn't have any rubbing whatsoever. I'll update again after a good roadtrip in a couple weeks.

20151024_102527.jpg

20151024_113959.jpg

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I lurk more than post but thought I would give my input on this. My STOCK JKU Sahara with the Bridgestone Duelers went EVERYWHERE a friends JKU with 35" Toyo MTs. But, that was here in California and on local trails. but I did have them in snow and they did very well......... I was very surprised, as were several others.

Yeah, that's all well and good until you start going through multiple P-Metrics on the same trip, as evidenced in this trip report. ONE guy had multiple tire issues, the guy rolling stock P-Metrics.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?22587-2014-WAYALIFE-Death-Valley-Adventure-Photo-Highlights

Garbinator

SeekTheMoneyTree
Yeah, that's all well and good until you start going through multiple P-Metrics on the same trip, as evidenced in this trip report. ONE guy had multiple tire issues, the guy rolling stock P-Metrics.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?22587-2014-WAYALIFE-Death-Valley-Adventure-Photo-Highlights

Thank you for posting this link, I read the entire trip report of their recent ghost own trip. The photography was excelllent as well. Regards to tires and such, I completly see your point in the matter as one participant managed four flats in two days exploring. There is a valuable lesson as the photos show us excellent detail such tire/wheel choice makes for.

greggNJ

Observer
So far so good. I loaded the jeep up heavy last weekend to test out my setup. Tires did well aired down to the low 20's, but I stuck to easy trails so I certainly didn't max out my articulation. I didn't have any rubbing whatsoever. I'll update again after a good roadtrip in a couple weeks.

20151024_102527.jpg

20151024_113959.jpg

Nick,
Your Jeep looks good, love the color. Sorry this is OT but I'm curious about your hitch carrier?? I like the way it sit high up and close to the Jeep. Hoping for a trail rack some day but this is a little more flexible.
Thanks.

Mass_Mopar

Don't Litter
Nick,
Your Jeep looks good, love the color. Sorry this is OT but I'm curious about your hitch carrier?? I like the way it sit high up and close to the Jeep. Hoping for a trail rack some day but this is a little more flexible.
Thanks.

Thanks Gregg. It's a $50 cargo rack from harbor freight that I worked over with a sawsall and a drill. It survived DRAM3 with 10 gallons strapped to it without issue! Sure, it's a bit of a pain to pull it off each day to setup camp, but for 50 bucks you're going to have some trade-offs.

20151118_081137.jpg

As far as the S/T MAXXs go, absolutely love them. No issues running 25 psi over 500 miles of wildly varying terrain during DRAM3.

DSCN1837.JPG

Last edited:

greggNJ

Observer
Thanks for the info and picture. Nice work on the rack. I have an old 20x60 rack now. I can open the gate with it on but I have to unload it of course. I never thought about hacking it up....

HRPINDC

Adventurer
I ultimately decided on the BFG K02s in 275/70r17. The more I thought about it, the more I felt that I wanted the LT metric instead of the P metric for the sake of the stronger sidewalls. These are E rated, so I know they may not air down as well or conform as well to the rocks. But I'm okay with that and after reading that trip report on Wayalife, I'm glad I went this way. The Jeep rides so nicely on these, it's like a Cadillac. I took it on a 12 hour trip a couple of weekends ago and it was very comfortable. I can't wait to get them in the snow and then off-road.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    613.6 KB · Views: 27

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I ultimately decided on the BFG K02s in 275/70r17. The more I thought about it, the more I felt that I wanted the LT metric instead of the P metric for the sake of the stronger sidewalls. These are E rated, so I know they may not air down as well or conform as well to the rocks. But I'm okay with that and after reading that trip report on Wayalife, I'm glad I went this way. The Jeep rides so nicely on these, it's like a Cadillac. I took it on a 12 hour trip a couple of weekends ago and it was very comfortable. I can't wait to get them in the snow and then off-road.

E-Rated tires air down just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78