What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Had to bring the JKU back to brake shop after 1K miles on the new pads/rotors/hardware. Had all 4 calipers rebuilt, new pads all around, and parking brake adjustment. Aaargh.......really, only 27K miles before a major brake job?????

Sounds like a brake issue. Rears go by 25-30K, but fronts should be fine to 40-50K.

I'm only on my second set of pads and original rotors at 70K; running 37s and 40s for 50K of that.

Miatch

Observer
Today I replaced the upper and lower radiator hoses and filled with fresh coolant.
I also installed a new battery hold down. The original base where the hold down was attached had cracked so
I removed the battery, drilled two holes in the original base sides and installed typical j-hook style threaded rods.
Works great and didn't have to order a factory replacement.
I also replaced a failed pitman arm dust boot with a perfect fitting piece form Energy Suspension.

bob91yj

Resident **************
I discovered that the center ball in my CV/double cardan joint on the rear driveshaft was squealing at the Mountain Rendevouz a couple of weeks ago. Pulled the driveshaft for the flat tow home. I had the whole driveshaft overhauled at my local shop (East County Driveshaft in El Cajon). I got it put back in a week or so ago, hadn't had a chance to road test it till today...all is well again!

bldeagle10

Explorer
Just ran a leak down test on my XJ, cylinder 5 is in the yellow, cylinder one has NO compression :( didn't bother testing the rest... now, how to fund a rebuild....

Miatch

Observer
Just ran a leak down test on my XJ, cylinder 5 is in the yellow, cylinder one has NO compression :( didn't bother testing the rest... now, how to fund a rebuild....

I am sorry to hear that. I'm sure I could help you out if your weren't 1,500 miles away.
You might check the local Jeep club for deals and helping hands.

bob91yj

Resident **************

Bummer...look at it as an upgrade opportunity and build a stroker!:smiley_drive:

Miatch

Observer
I drove mine for 100 miles to kids soccer games today.
Then I washed it and hit the engine and undercarriage with a power washer.
Next, I took the cowl off to replace the wiper motor and found this load of mud.

IMG00728-20111008-2115.jpg

IMG00727-20111008-2115.jpg

bldeagle10

Explorer
I am sorry to hear that. I'm sure I could help you out if your weren't 1,500 miles away.
You might check the local Jeep club for deals and helping hands.

Bummer...look at it as an upgrade opportunity and build a stroker!:smiley_drive:

thanks guys, I'm going to seize the opportunity to build a stroker. it will be a very long and hard process because I am going to do it right the first time. and because I am unemployed and in college trying to get enough credits for the USAF but I got denied financial aid so yea. difficult. details on the plan to build in my build thread (project brooke)

adventure man

I finished putting herculiner on my zj. I put in on the bumpers, removed the cladding put it on the metal, and around the around the fenders. It looks awesome, herculiner is a great product!

Brigitta

Observer
Sounds like a brake issue. Rears go by 25-30K, but fronts should be fine to 40-50K.

I'm only on my second set of pads and original rotors at 70K; running 37s and 40s for 50K of that.

I don't think the brakes like mud. I don't like the stuff either but the few times we've been in the thick pudding type of goo the brake problems have gotten 100x's worse.

Should have upgraded to the Teraflex Big Brake kit!!!!

LawnDart-XJ

Observer
Added a few goddies for an upcoming trip to the UP of Michigan

Lets start with the Clayton long arms and the OME Nitro Chargers
OMENitrochargersinstalled.jpg

Added a Front Runner Roof Rack to hold the Spare Tire / Hi-Lift and OZ Tent
RACKSIDEVIEW.jpg

racksideviewclose.jpg

RACK-HIGHLIFT.jpg

Bob Freda

Adventurer
After the Jeep Jamboree in Vermont last July I knew the stock bumper had to go. I ordered a custom TAG bumper and 3 months later it showed up. I installed it myself in about 2 hours today.

jeep%252520bumper%252520004.JPG

I had to trim some sheetmetal to clear the additional lights.

jeep%252520bumper%252520005.JPG

I had a large plastic tub, just the right height to support the bumper while I got the bolts started.

jeep%252520bumper%252520006.JPG

Looks like it will do the job.

jeep%252520bumper%252520009.JPG

jeep%252520bumper%252520012.JPG

TOI

Web Adventurer
im currently lowering mine, going from 4.5" to im not sure what my new leafs are going to net me yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger