What just broke on my Rover?

David Harris

Expedition Leader
Forgot also that you will have to find one of the rare in U.S. LT230 consoles for the Range Rover if you want it factory. Otherwise, you will have to cut the Borg Warner console to clear the diff linkage.

REDROVER

Explorer
Forgot also that you will have to find one of the rare in U.S. LT230 consoles for the Range Rover if you want it factory. Otherwise, you will have to cut the Borg Warner console to clear the diff linkage.

i was gonna say the same, and when u cut that it still doesn't look as good. but if i had to change my t case i would not go back to BW.

David Harris

Expedition Leader
i was gonna say the same, and when u cut that it still doesn't look as good. but if i had to change my t case i would not go back to BW.

I managed to find a good console out of a 1988, but I lucked out on that. They are pretty hard to find, but if you keep looking one will eventually show up. If you use one of the Disco boots to cover up the cut part, then the modified one can look pretty decent.

m3 bavaria

Adventurer
I think for now, I'm just going to go back with the BW case. I found a used unit with 41k on the clock at a very reasonable price.

Given that I use my truck for real estate, it sees quite a bit of time on the highway. It's offroad often, but it's touring ranches, so it isn't too severe.

The garage estimate is 6-8 hours for install. That seems a bit nuts to me, no?

David Harris

Expedition Leader
I think for now, I'm just going to go back with the BW case. I found a used unit with 41k on the clock at a very reasonable price.

Given that I use my truck for real estate, it sees quite a bit of time on the highway. It's offroad often, but it's touring ranches, so it isn't too severe.

The garage estimate is 6-8 hours for install. That seems a bit nuts to me, no?

Sounds like they're planning on pulling the transmission to do it. Should be much less if they have a lift.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
It should take a skilled LR mechanic maybe 2 hours to do it. But they are probably quoting an Alldata time, which is how most shops work. Shop around

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle